Is This A Non Season - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is This A Non Season

BishopTon

I just have the feeling that this season is already over before its begun.

I think league reconstruction will happen in time for next season and this means that Morton will be in a different league regardless of results.

Obviously this will not be publicised so that people will continue to support the team and chase the meaningless promotion spot.

But it may fit with the lack of required signings at Cappielow.

Anyone else agree ?

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

Guest MaxCliffordTon

Nah, we are still looking to win the league.

I'd still want to win it with all the benefits and prestige that comes with that - even if we were to go up for finishing in the top 4 etc.

Agreed that we will be looking to win the league.

However, the initial sentiment is correct albeit for different reasons. Regardless of reconstruction, this season's got 'dull as dishwater' written all over it. Absolutely hee-haw to be inspired about. :(

Agreed that we will be looking to win the league.

However, the initial sentiment is correct albeit for different reasons. Regardless of reconstruction, this season's got 'dull as dishwater' written all over it. Absolutely hee-haw to be inspired about. :(

No, I'm a lot more optimistic about our chances of silverware this season. I know we've still got a small squad issue and are perhaps a player or two light, but I think Stevenson is better than McLaren. McGowan may be as good as Walker and John Adam? Well he didn't feature too much.

Added to this, the likes of Greacan, McGregor, Millar, McAllister, McLaughlin, McGurn, Harding etc are all a year older and the right side of 26/27.

Guest MaxCliffordTon

No, I'm a lot more optimistic about our chances of silverware this season. I know we've still got a small squad issue and are perhaps a player or two light, but I think Stevenson is better than McLaren. McGowan may be as good as Walker and John Adam? Well he didn't feature too much.

Added to this, the likes of Greacan, McGregor, Millar, McAllister, McLaughlin, McGurn, Harding etc are all a year older and the right side of 26/27.

I was referring to the fact that there is complete dearth of anything approaching a 'glamour' game.

I agree about our chances of doing well.

If we cruise the league I think we will all enjoy it. Winning brings the crowds even when there's not much to play for. It will also make us up for cup games and we are due a wee cup run?

Agree with you there. and yeh we are due a cup run. Hopefully it will be this year :D

1. We don't look stronger than last season, unless McInally's fitness plan takes a whole season to work.

2. There are no games to look forward to this season - most of the grounds we will travel to are middens.

3. Reconstruction will not happen.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Guest MaxCliffordTon

1. We don't look stronger than last season, unless McInally's fitness plan takes a whole season to work.

2. There are no games to look forward to this season - most of the grounds we will travel to are middens.

3. Reconstruction will not happen.

I accept that winning the league and being at the top of the league brings the crowds in, but I wholeheartedly agree with AT's post, above.

Not inspiring in the slightest.

Archived