Championship 23/24 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

Didn't think they looked that bad but losing a goal and getting a man Sent off in the first 17 mins isn't helpful. Pains me to say it but it looks like Partick are going up.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 minute ago, Toby said:

They’re fucking insufferable anyway.

Point taken.

Even moreso then. Graham already all over the press saying they need to do it 'to stick 2 fingers up at everyone who shafted them.'

They look OK actually on the ball, but shocking at the back. The goal they conceded and the red card was pathetic defending. Still a chance if they can keep this to under 2-0 at absolute worst. 

2 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Thought the red card for the boy was very harsh, tackle was mistimed rather than malicious, and of course the Partick cunt made a meal of it

He was sent off for denial of a goalscoring opportunity so whether it was mistimed or malicious doesn't come in to it. Surprised how many people don't think that's a red card when for me it's one of the clearest red cards you'll see under the current laws of the game. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just now, RossMcC1874 said:

Sir Douglas in attendance is the only good thing about that game. Ross County are mince nothing to fear if they come down other than the journey up there. 

Other than Uncle Roy’s massive wallet, the parachute payment and the UEFA payout that both they and Dundee United will get from Celtic, Rangers and Hearts’ participation in the group stages of Europe, giving them a massive advantage over us before a ball is kicked.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

Other than Uncle Roy’s massive wallet, the parachute payment and the UEFA payout that both they and Dundee United will get from Celtic, Rangers and Hearts’ participation in the group stages of Europe, giving them a massive advantage over us before a ball is kicked.

Yeah but we have Robbie Muirhead so that beats all that pish hands down. 

Edited by RossMcC1874

'Uncle Roy' couldn't help them put together a team that isn't completely fucking dung this season, nothing to suggest that they'll be any more competent at a lower level next season. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

15 hours ago, Toby said:

I presume that some of that squad will have release clauses if they are relegated.

Partick could still make an arse of this, though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

33 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I presume that some of that squad will have release clauses if they are relegated.

Hopefully not. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If that last minute Inverness equaliser (which was onside) stood on the final day, I see no reason why we wouldn't be the team leading 2-0 heading into the final leg of the play offs. The fact that QP and Ayr imploded is just embarassing.

It's somewhat upsetting to think about how much Cappielow would've been rocking. 

Let's hope Imrie uses that and fires us further next season.

2 hours ago, ChampTon said:

If that last minute Inverness equaliser (which was onside) stood on the final day, I see no reason why we wouldn't be the team leading 2-0 heading into the final leg of the play offs. The fact that QP and Ayr imploded is just embarassing.

It's somewhat upsetting to think about how much Cappielow would've been rocking. 

Let's hope Imrie uses that and fires us further next season.

We had good momentum so you could be right but though it pains me to say it, Thistle have looked like a Premiership side during the play-offs, they should've scored at least four last night.

• Downvote 1

3-3 now absolutely wonderful stuff. 10 mins injury time too

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come