Championship 23/24 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

They even had the cheek to say in the statement that he assembled a squad at Aberdeen that finished 3rd in the league 😂

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

13 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

genuinely surprised by this - I actually had to click on it as I thought it must have been a parody account at first.

They've been a parody club since their American clown owner took over. That said, their revenue and complete ignorance of any need to break-even gives Goodwin a large cushion for failure. They've done it before of course, but it's still not ideal. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Cannot wait for the resounding welcome the cretin that is Jim Goodwin will receive at Cappielow next season. The thought of it gives you goosebumps! 

Dundee Utd at home first game of the season please! 

United down and Ross County in the playoff final against the Partick Maryhill Media Darlings.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Interesting to hear that he's had enquiries about Blues from a higher level. Definitely not a coincidence that multiple managers have either put their faith in him or liked what they see on the pitch from him compared to what some fans see. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Interesting to hear that he's had enquiries about Blues from a higher level. Definitely not a coincidence that multiple managers have either put their faith in him or liked what they see on the pitch from him compared to what some fans see. 

I recently took a notion to go back and read our Airdrie play-off thread on P&B and Blues (and others who are still with us) was being completely written off by our support. Speaks volumes about the effect that Dougie has had. 

Contrast the 6-1 defeat by ICT just before he arrived and the 4-0 win over the same opponents last season when we had Robbie asking the referee how long was left after we got our 4th.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The progression of Blues somewhat vindicates Hopkins decision to sign him.  A decision that was largely ridiculed by not only ourselves but Brechin fans.  So fair play to him for obviously spotting a player in him.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

26 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

The progression of Blues somewhat vindicates Hopkins decision to sign him.  A decision that was largely ridiculed by not only ourselves but Brechin fans.  So fair play to him for obviously spotting a player in him.

I assume you mean Berwick fans, but I suppose in Hopkin’s case, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

19 minutes ago, Toby said:

I assume you mean Berwick fans, but I suppose in Hopkin’s case, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Could have been both, although most of the Brechin mockery was focused on Orsi. Blues spent the first half of that season with Brechin, leaving when they were 9th in League One on the way to finishing bottom, then the second half with Berwick as they finished bottom of League Two.

Turning him into a Championship player at all is the biggest testament to Imrie's management.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

16 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Could have been both, although most of the Brechin mockery was focused on Orsi. Blues spent the first half of that season with Brechin, leaving when they were 9th in League One on the way to finishing bottom, then the second half with Berwick as they finished bottom of League Two.

Turning him into a Championship player at all is the biggest testament to Imrie's management.

I’d forgotten all about his time at Brechin, apologies to LT.

51 minutes ago, Toby said:

I'm the opposite, forgot he was ever at Berwick.  I'll grudgingly accept your apology.

• Upvote 2

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I think it's clear that Dougie has got so much more from some of the players he inherited because his expectations in terms of commitment and effort is so much higher than his predecessors. And if you don't meet them, he's ruthless, one case in point being Reece who Dougie accused of not doing enough to remain at the club (although only in response to Reece complaining to the press that felt he had been unfairly treated when he was released). That, combined with some very astute signings, have completely transformed the club in just 18 months. 

I cannot wait for the new season to start. It's been a very long time since I felt that way in May. 

9 hours ago, Toby said:

8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

I'm the opposite, forgot he was ever at Berwick.  I'll grudgingly accept your apology.

Let's focus on the common enemy here.

Whatever became of all those Brechin fans mocking us?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We're in a positive place, progressing and showing signs of (for us in the last few years unusual) competence, a lot of whats happening as in every close season is the usual suspect(s) doing a musical chairs routine. Not too concerned at average guys swapping teams at the same level. Having said that you never know until it starts how it'll gell.