Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May)

Admin

11 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

The transformation in this guy since Dougie took over has been nothing short of astonishing. Full credit to the both of them.

Ten league goals this season, a very respectable return, particularly since he doesn't take the penalties and he doesn't always play as number 9.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Ten league goals this season, a very respectable return, particularly since he doesn't take the penalties and he doesn't always play as number 9.

It has been a great season for him.  One thing that I picked up from watching the mid season video is the way he celebrates the goals irrespective of who scores.  He looks like a player who wants to be here.  

I only managed to get up for two games this season - Bonnyrigg and Queens Park last week.  The difference in quality between the two performances was massive.  Really looking forward to next season and hopefully getting up a bit more often. 

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

A lot of times by the end of a Morton season I'm mentally drained and  ready for it to be over  but I'm  gutted that this season is over already. Been a while since I looked forward to Saturdays as much as I have this season as I genuinely enjoy watching this team play whether it's the midfield pressing teams in to submission, Quitongo giving fullbacks nightmares, Oakley bullying defenders, Muirhead having his own goal of the season competition, our centrebacks heading every single ball that comes their way or Grimshaw being the most composed man in the stadium most weeks. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

One thing that I picked up from watching the mid season video is the way he celebrates the goals irrespective of who scores.  He looks like a player who wants to be here.  

Yeah, I've noticed that as well, and it's great to see. 

I see Sir Douglas mentioned yet again in the post-match interview that 'a lot of people didn't want him here'. Well, that's undoubtedly true, but he's won over these doubters by vastly improving his consistency, effort and attitude in the last 18 months. He's now starting to fulfill the potential we only saw in glimpses before Sir Douglas' arrival. I wish he can just see that Robbie is now totally accepted, respected and appreciated by the vast majority of fans, and stop going on about the past. 

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

A lot of times by the end of a Morton season I'm mentally drained and  ready for it to be over  but I'm  gutted that this season is over already. Been a while since I looked forward to Saturdays as much as I have this season as I genuinely enjoy watching this team play whether it's the midfield pressing teams in to submission, Quitongo giving fullbacks nightmares, Oakley bullying defenders, Muirhead having his own goal of the season competition, our centrebacks heading every single ball that comes their way or Grimshaw being the most composed man in the stadium most weeks. 

This pretty much sums up my thoughts at the moment.  Looking forward to next season and I guarantee Dougie will use Friday night and how it ended as motivation for himself and the boys next season. We have no reason to fear anyone in this league regardless of who comes down from the Premier league or up from league 1.

The club should capitalise on the feelgood factor around at the moment and get season tickets and strips released ASAP.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

12 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Yeah, I've noticed that as well, and it's great to see. 

I see Sir Douglas mentioned yet again in the post-match interview that 'a lot of people didn't want him here'. Well, that's undoubtedly true, but he's won over these doubters by vastly improving his consistency, effort and attitude in the last 18 months. He's now starting to fulfill the potential we only saw in glimpses before Sir Douglas' arrival. I wish he can just see that Robbie is now totally accepted, respected and appreciated by the vast majority of fans, and stop going on about the past. 

I think he mentions it to prove the point that Robbie has progressed and by how much.

Same could be said about Cammy Blues

16 hours ago, port-ton said:

That's a great post.  I can sum things up by saying I was over the disappointment almost instantaneously as I can see we're a club on the way up and everyone is pulling in the same direction.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived