Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May)

Admin

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Might as well concede and relegated Hamilton.

Denied - that greaseball Hartley, Logan and their Ypres re-enactment ground needed flushed into the seaside leagues. I'd have been furious if they slithered a play-off spot of their own in the final few minutes.

Hope Shay is enjoying his latest acting like a tadger routine spectacularly backfiring. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our day will come soon. We’ve a great foundation to build on with most of this squad signed up. Hopefully no one comes sniffing for Imrie in the close season and we get some new signings in early doors. 
Buzzing to see the new home kit, and hopefully season ticket info is out soon. 

Immensely proud of the team tonight, especially going down to 10 men. Extremely disappointed with Blues jumping in like that when on a booking. 

Fantastic effort from the boys to do our bit and win the last 3 games. I’m intentionally not going to look at the league and torture myself. 

Let’s regroup and get the job done next season. This is a group with something about them, with a manager that will go and kick us on. Some extra quality added to this squad next season and we will be in about it again, going one better.

Support was unreal tonight 👏🏻

Fucking hell, it's going to take a couple of days to process the way things panned out tonight, what with all the highs and lows and the ultimate bitter disappointment. But I'm pretty sure at the end of it I'll come to the conclusion that, overall, it was a fucking great season. Total credit goes to Dougie and all the players. Can't wait for the new season to start.

'Mon eh fuckin' Ton!

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Now let's fucking win the thing next year. 

Tough going with Ross County inevitably bank rolling their way to the title if they come down and QP will definitely be stronger. We should absolutely be going for playoffs as a minimum though. 
Raith will also be one to watch with their financial backing for next season. 

22 minutes ago, Scott said:

Tough going with Ross County inevitably bank rolling their way to the title if they come down and QP will definitely be stronger. We should absolutely be going for playoffs as a minimum though. 
Raith will also be one to watch with their financial backing for next season. 

Fuck these kid on outfits. The Famous by 10 points. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

Immensely proud of the team tonight, especially going down to 10 men. Extremely disappointed with Blues jumping in like that when on a booking. 

Fantastic effort from the boys to do our bit and win the last 3 games. I’m intentionally not going to look at the league and torture myself. 

Let’s regroup and get the job done next season. This is a group with something about them, with a manager that will go and kick us on. Some extra quality added to this squad next season and we will be in about it again, going one better.

Support was unreal tonight 👏🏻

Absolutely.

One thing.......Jai was strangely quiet tonight.

Unlucky that Ayr & Partick scored second goals. We have exceeded expectation but too many draws cost us. I don’t think this team is ready for the top tier but with the basis of a good squad from day one next season, we must be a good bet for the title next season. Need to try to keep Grimshaw, but we have a head start on creating a very good team. Might be a good thing in the longer term that we won’t be going up yet as we’re not ready for the top tier. Onwards & upwards for Dougie and the boys, and very well done for this season. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Fucking hell, it's going to take a couple of days to process the way things panned out tonight, what with all the highs and lows and the ultimate bitter disappointment. But I'm pretty sure at the end of it I'll come to the conclusion that, overall, it was a fucking great season. Total credit goes to Dougie and all the players. Can't wait for the new season to start.

'Mon eh fuckin' Ton!

I tried to tell myself at full-time for all games......well we gave it our best shot and did all that was required......its just when I look at that recent Dundee game ...I dont know whether tae greet or scream.

# Edit: I agree with Alibi...this is not a Premier League team but its the dosh that goes with that enables.

1 hour ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

I tried to tell myself at full-time for all games......well we gave it our best shot and did all that was required......its just when I look at that recent Dundee game ...I dont know whether tae greet or scream.

# Edit: I agree with Alibi...this is not a Premier League team but its the dosh that goes with that enables.

Every team will have stories like this. We started the season with hardly any subs and finished this strong with most of the squad signed for next season. 

It was an amazing season. 

All about what we done from here forward. We've built some solid foundations, and we now know that Imrie can get a tune out of just about anyone.

It'll be extremely harsh on Imrie if we go back to a bare bones budget. Hopefully we can continue with the Dalrada partnership to boost funds and give it a proper go next season from the outset.

Big summer ahead

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Absolutely gutted to miss the game last night due to work. Managed to get a stream but the quality was piss poor from the looks of it no idea how the players could see through that maybe it was better at pitch level but the conditions looked unplayable. Brilliant season no matter what way you look at it just so painful when it looked so close to the playoffs. 

It's been so hard to even pick a player of the season and when is the last time we said that. We should really push next season for the playoffs or better the squad is more than capable and with a few good additions we can really have a crack at it. 

Also Robbie Muirhead, what a fucking guy. 

Stood right beside the dugout last night and Dougie was a joy to watch. He has simply set standards that we've never had before. He gave absolutely pelters to Gillespie, Ali Crawford, Jai, Carlo for not doing their jobs, be that pressing, passing, running etc.  He was raging at Blues, simply saying to him as he walked off, " I fucking told you didn't I" presuming meaning he told him not to dive into stupid tackles on a booking. 

He is a brilliant manager and I firmly believe we will kick on again next season. 

Excited to see what he does with the squad in the Summer. A few quality additions to this squad and we should have a great season.

Gutting way to finish the season with the late Ayr goal and then the ICT equaliser chopped off for offside, apparently not being offside. 

However waking up this morning I feel nothing but pride. The transformation of this team under Imrie is ridiculous and from where we were 18 months ago, it's been phenomenal. He's brought a team that are together, likeable and I truly think we'll do great things with him next season. 

Can't wait for next season already.

Still, pleasing to see some weirdo dundonian cunts more bothered about where we finished after winning the league. They're going to get absolutely bodied next season. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived