Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May)

Admin

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, not that I was expecting us to win the playoffs but it would have been very nice to be involved. Extra money would have been good as well.

Fifth place is a good finish for us overall and the club is trending in the right direction. It's been an enjoyable season and I'm optimistic for the next one.

EOho8Pw.png

This team have brought some pride back to cappielow again. The cheer after the 2nd goal against Queens last week was the loudest all season. Let's get the new strip launched soon along with season tickets and strike while there is momentum.

Will reflect more over night, but this has been a cracking season.  If you'd told me at the start of the season that we were close the playoffs I would have expected it to be at the other end of the table. This has been a great season and, with the basis of a solid side already in place for next season we could and should start strongly.

Haven't felt this positive about Morton in years.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

The ten remaining on the park (and the management team) did terrifically to get our job done.

I feel no disappointment about the play-offs. 57 points is an excellent tally and far beyond expectations or our budget. More importantly, we finish the campaign with a stronger squad and more stable foundation to build on and make a serious tilt at promotion next season. 

The Famous do not do backdoor play-off promotions. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived