Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (11th March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (11th March)

Admin

Waves to the Partick fans coming for a read before crying about it on P&B or twitter 🖕

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be understated how massive this game is. Lose and it's a huge uphill battle for the playoffs. Quitongo is always a big miss but glad to see Imrie acknowledged he got the team wrong on Tuesday so would expect Gillespie and McGrattan to come in at least. 

It was a massive game before Tuesday and it's even bigger now considering the result. 

We have always bounced back after a bad game so time to do it again. Hopefully McGrattan in from the start and if it was me O'Connor if he is fully fit. 

Let's sword these arseclowns.

Prediction - we'll end up looking better in the 2nd half when Gilliespie and McGrattan are on.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Another absolute shambles to get in. I left the Norseman at 4 minutes past 3 and there's still a huge queue to get in and to buy tickets.

No doubt the Moniton helicopter was waved onto the pitch at 2:55 so didn't see this obvious clowncar operation. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We've started well but we're very reliant on the press when they have the ball out wide, which won't be feasible for 90 minutes.

Got to say, when we had that corner early on and it broke for Crawford, you need guys with top flight experience to show composure in that moment. Instead he skited it miles wide.

EOho8Pw.png

How to solve this nick of a setup (short term):

* Set up metal barrier lanes either in front of or behind the gate next to the four shan turnstiles for the Cowshed.

*Open the gate when ridiculous queue develops. 

* Use staff and handheld scanners to process more than four fucking punters at a time. 

Short of finally creating a VIP entry straight from the Norseman, that's the only fix that I can see. The current setup is simply not fit for purpose.

What on earth is the plan if we actually get a cup QF at home to the bigots and sell out? There is no way that we can safely fill our current capacity. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

How to solve this nick of a setup (short term):

* Set up metal barrier lanes either in front of or behind the gate next to the four shan turnstiles for the Cowshed.

*Open the gate when ridiculous queue develops. 

* Use staff and handheld scanners to process more than four fucking punters at a time. 

Short of finally creating a VIP entry straight from the Norseman, that's the only fix that I can see. The current setup is simply not fit for purpose.

What on earth is the plan if we actually get a cup QF at home to the bigots and sell out? There is no way that we can safely fill our current capacity. 

I know US crowds are a bit more docile than UK ones but this is how it works here. The only time there's a bottleneck is if they have airport-style security first (metal detectors), but that's treated separately from the ticketing so it's irrelevant.

After the metal detectors is the actual ticketing, and it's a wide open area that funnels into an entry - cordoned by metal barriers - where there's a bunch of hi-vis shirt people with hand-held scanners. You get your phone ready with the code, then you approach whichever one has the shortest queue, then they scan you, then you walk through the funnel.

There are risks of people climbing the barriers or trying to sneak past the scanning staff but the vast majority of people just want to get into the game they've paid for.

EOho8Pw.png

Miller on the right wing is not working at all. At the very least he should swap with Crawford. 

Not a bad first half but no final ball, particularly from the right, is going to cost us.

O'Connor's a real tonic at the back, we look so much more secure.

Change the attacking shape - and personnel - a little and I reckon we can scrape it.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Not a bad first half but no final ball, particularly from the right, is going to cost us.

O'Connor's a real tonic at the back, we look so much more secure.

Change the attacking shape - and personnel - a little and I reckon we can scrape it.

I've not seen us have a shot on target, nor look like one. Our back four has done well and Oakley has fought hard up front. The midfield though is not pressing effectively at all and is also too easy to play through. We're one defensive error away from losing this. 

This Blues as a deep lying midfielder and 'creative' players further up the park isn't working. Gillespie and R Crawford should both be in the engine room and we need more from the players out wide (McGrattan - also badly missing Quitongo) to restore balance to the side. 

Just now, vikingTON said:

I've not seen us have a shot on target, nor look like one. Our back four has done well and Oakley has fought hard up front. The midfield though is not pressing effectively at all and is also too easy to play through. We're one defensive error away from losing this. 

This Blues as a deep lying midfielder and 'creative' players further up the park isn't working. Gillespie and R Crawford should both be in the engine room and we need more from the players out wide (McGrattan - also badly missing Quitongo) to restore balance to the side. 

Crawford skiting that broken ball in the third minute was probably the closest thing to a clear-cut chance.

I thought we started well with the press actually. But yes, there is a disjointedness here.

EOho8Pw.png

That's two big let-offs in this half. Ali Crawford can only play centrally, with Muirhead out (either one needs to leave the park today). We're carrying too many players off the ball. 

Crawford off for McGrattahn, Miller off for Gillespie.

edit: Ali, not Robbie. Although Robbie went off a couple of minutes later for treatment after blocking a free-kick with his brain.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived