Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (11th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (11th March)

Admin

ezgif-1-ef45de76c3.gif

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The Morton Club Edition is almost sold out, so make sure you act quickly and secure your bottle now! Make sure you check out the new Titan Orange Rum for a brand new twist on a classic spirit! 

Visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union invites you to the new Warm Hands of Friendship Initiative. Join the team in their Kilblain Street office every Wednesday between 10am-12pm. This new scheme offers a safe environment, resources, advice, support, a warm cuppa and a friendly face.  

Contact us via our website or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I was pleasantly surprised Tuesday went ahead but surely this ain't beating the weather.

I don't know what it's like in Greenock at the moment, but my car wasn't even frozen at all down here this morning. The ground is hard in the shade, though. I guess it depends on the accumulative effect through the week. Looking at the forecast, the pitch shouldn't get so frozen that it wouldn't defrost (if it was a one off), but if it has gradually got more frozen through the week then it gets more difficult to shift that deep frost. 

It's much easier to deal with night time frosts in March than it is in December, especially when the sun comes out. So that gives us some hope, but I'm guessing the club will already have a good idea what the chances are of it going ahead. 

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Game is in no danger, barely goes below zero overnight and well above zero during the day..... 

image.png

I'm giving up on predicting potential postponements.  Bring it on 😁

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

3 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Game is in no danger, barely goes below zero overnight and well above zero during the day..... 

image.png

I thought that and it was warm enough outside today but there were bits of ice on the street outside my house at 2 o'clock just up from the Battery. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

O'connor back in training, Jai a couple of weeks away.

Good news. Ambrose has been great for us but he was so poor on Tuesday night and allowed akinyemi for too much space. O'connor coming in makes sense.  Shame that Jai is a few weeks away. Really miss his work rate. Not entirely sure Gillespie is fit yet so may not see him starting.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Officials do insist on giving games as little chance as possible with how early they plan inspections. It's been above freezing all morning, give it a couple of hours at least.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived