Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March)

Admin

1 hour ago, Madton said:

I can absolutely assure you I'm not talking shite or lying, why the fuck would I?

I'v got a season ticket, so didn't need to queue for a ticket or anything and I came from the main road ( park at the dock) so didn't even look in the direction of the ticket office or notice a ton of people up there, there may have been.

Honestly not trying to be mean or anything here, but what you're saying is that you just skip the queue that goes all the other way up Sinclair Street because you don't notice it's there? 

There were those in the queue who were aware that there were fans coming from the other side and not joining the big queue, but it would have been very difficult for a big load of people to start trying to move round and create different queues from different sides. It should be much better organised so that there is obviously one big queue that splits into four. 

It's also very obvious that it would be much quicker if there weren't so many held up at the gate because they can't get their ticket/card/QR code scanned. This might be no fault of some fans, but barely a game goes by without me having to tell one of the people in front of me that their trying to scan their ticket or card the wrong way.  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, port-ton said:

In my opinion we aren't an overly creative attacking team and a lot of our chances come from us pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch. Mcgrattan for me is one of the most vital cogs in our pressing when it's at its best and he brings a structure and composure to the team that we lack when he's not there. 

The team last night had Miller, Ali Crawford and Muirhead in it who are all fine players, however the team doesn't look good enough to accommodate them all if we want to play the way that has made us successful this season. I wouldn't question the workrate of any of those players or anyone in the team really even last night, just that we look a very average side when we can't impose our game on the opposition. 

There's a place for everyone in the squad and they've all been excellent at times this season so I don't see a need to question their motivation or anything after one bad result. The same players have come from behind to collect points when playing badly in the previous two games after all. 

Aye - totally fair enough. It wasn’t a criticism, just frustration I guess.

1 hour ago, Deego said:

That queue started after a guy came out the pub, saw the size of the queue and said something like, “I’m naw goin away doon there, will we just stawn here?”, which was pretty funny to be fair. Noticed the stewards trying to usher people away up to the back of the queue, but you can imagine how that went. 

Love the idea of Madton with the heid doon sauntering in oblivious to the queue the length of Sinclair Street and coming on here saying there's no issues. 😂

To be fair to the main steward, it's not easy having to direct people into queues, answering queries about tickets, checking no bottles etc. are being taken in, helping people who don't know how to work the scanner, helping people when the scanners break, etc. while 3/4 other stewards are standing like cardboard cutouts. The queue goes a lot quicker if you have more than one person storming about daft having to do it all themselves, all at once.

There's been two queues for the last couple of games - one heading to the stand for the first two turnstiles and one towards the norseman for the other. 

Just as I was going in one of them broke though so that obviously didn't help. 

We really need to get phone tickets to avoid the double queues and add a handheld scanner backup or something if the ones there aren't always working. 

40 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Honestly not trying to be mean or anything here, but what you're saying is that you just skip the queue that goes all the other way up Sinclair Street because you don't notice it's there? 

There were those in the queue who were aware that there were fans coming from the other side and not joining the big queue, but it would have been very difficult for a big load of people to start trying to move round and create different queues from different sides. It should be much better organised so that there is obviously one big queue that splits into four. 

It's also very obvious that it would be much quicker if there weren't so many held up at the gate because they can't get their ticket/card/QR code scanned. This might be no fault of some fans, but barely a game goes by without me having to tell one of the people in front of me that their trying to scan their ticket or card the wrong way.  

Thats not what im saying at at all. I'm saying there was next to no queue when I arrived at 7.25 for the turnstiles. There was no queue going back up Sinclar Street, there was literally 10 or so people in the overall turnstile queue at 7.25.

Can't comment on the ticket office queue as I didn't pay any attention to that.

Think it's pretty obvious that a large amount of people showed up to either buy tickets of get in from 7.30 onwards.

27 minutes ago, Madton said:

Thats not what im saying at at all. I'm saying there was next to no queue when I arrived at 7.25 for the turnstiles. There was no queue going back up Sinclar Street, there was literally 10 or so people in the overall turnstile queue at 7.25.

Think it's pretty obvious that a large amount of people showed up to either buy tickets of get in from 7.30 onwards.

Arsehole.

27 minutes ago, Madton said:

Fair enough. I just know that this can be a problem with the way fans arrive and queue there. I think it was 7.32 when I looked at my watch when I arrived at Cappielow and the queue for the Cowshed turnstiles started just after I passed the queues for the ticket office. I got in a minute or two after kick-off.

Not really relating to last night's turnstile problems but I assume the scanner works purely on a QR code.  Would it work if you took a photo of your season ticket card (the side with the QR code on it obviously) and held that under the scanner?  Always worry that I forget to pick up my season card before setting off but never forget my phone.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Not really relating to last night's turnstile problems but I assume the scanner works purely on a QR code.  Would it work if you took a photo of your season ticket card (the side with the QR code on it obviously) and held that under the scanner?  Always worry that I forget to pick up my season card before setting off but never forget my phone.

My card doesn't have a QR code. The cards use close contact technology, that's why you can place them in rather than try to scan them from underneath. I always assumed the QR code is a back-up.

A QR code is a QR code, it should work however it is scanned (whether they'd be happy at the gate, I have no idea). 

3 hours ago, Madton said:

I can absolutely assure you I'm not talking shite or lying, why the fuck would I?

I'v got a season ticket, so didn't need to queue for a ticket or anything and I came from the main road ( park at the dock) so didn't even look in the direction of the ticket office or notice a ton of people up there, there may have been.

So what your saying is you jumped the queue like a peasant instead of going to the end?

Struggling to think how else a queue can spread that far back in 5-10 minutes? 

Also the "just get there earlier!!" shite doesn't really wash. Closest train into Cartsdyke was 7.30.

Not that it's a good excuse anyway. Absolutely shambolic that a professional club can't handle a 2300 crowd, regardless of when they arrive. 

Point is we need a better solution now, for the other big games we have upcoming, not wait til next season.

I saw people I know in the queue last night who hadn't been to a game this season. Can't imagine the game nor the hassle getting to it has encouraged many to go back. 

The ticket office itself needs to deal with punters much, much quicker than they are doing right now. Even set up another mobile stall on Sinclair St to get more tickets sold in the shortest time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

You'd hope having a new ticketing partner could also mean some changes to the turnstiles themselves. Ripping them out entirely and starting again is possibly going to be too costly so having a full efficient set of QR code readers that move as fast as airport security gates like Arbroath installed over the summer isn't going to happen, but you'd hope we could even change the technology on the existing ones to scan QR codes in a similar way.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We'd have been better off just buying a handful of handheld scanners, tbh. When I was going in last night a steward was just opening one of the gates with their pass for everybody with a paper ticket, and the one beside it just wasn't working at all - I heard one of the stewards saying it "needed reset", which has been the case a few times recently when I've been going in.

Just a farcical situation all-round really, scanning a ticket really shouldn't be particularly troublesome technology in this day and age and yet here we are.

AWMSC

If I recall correctly the first version of the scanner was just an OCR thing - it just scanned the name on the card. Unbelievable. As well as being open to abuse, it's very unreliable, as we're now seeing.

Even at the time these were installed, a QR code would have been possible.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

https://streamable.com/99u4si

That was about 7 or 8 minutes to kick off. 

Is that me you're discussing? 😆

2 hours ago, Hej said:

Madton must have found a wormhole directly into the ground near the bins at the back of the Norseman 

They should create a big hamster tube that leads you straight into the shed from the back of the Norseman.  There'd be an extra charge but it'd be a guaranteed money maker.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

3 hours ago, Madton said:

You are talking utter pish throughout.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived