Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March)

Admin

44 minutes ago, Madton said:

What's the actual issue with the turnstiles?

I show up 20-25 mins before kick off every week and I'm lucky if I queue for 1 minute each time. Never had any issues getting through them or seen anyone else have problems.

Tonight I walked up at 7 25 and queued for about 30 seconds before getting in without issue. My mate showed up at 7.30 and he was also less than a minute.

Is it just a case of loads of people showing up 5 mins before ko creating large queues or are QR codes not working for certain people?

I arrived at 7:35. I got my ticket about a minute after the first goal at 7:52. I got into the ground around 10 mins later. More than 25 minutes in freezing conditions. The queues for the ticket office and turnstiles were overlapping on Sinclair st. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was dreadful.

Letting McGinty get on the end of two corners in the space of a minute was criminal. Punting endless high balls for him to head back at our defence was brutal too.

You can’t claw back a two goal deficit if you don’t register a shot on target after the break. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

I can guarantee I won't be alone in missing Saturday. In these current times, financially speaking, it's a lot to ask of fans. I don't even live locally so that's another cost on top of the entry fee and that's before you factor in lunch/dinner, couple drinks. 

Why folk think it's a wild reaction to tonight's result is a bit beyond me. I was actually going to miss tonight and go on Saturday but managed to get away from work early. 

Your purple heart is in the post. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

I can guarantee I won't be alone in missing Saturday. In these current times, financially speaking, it's a lot to ask of fans. I don't even live locally so that's another cost on top of the entry fee and that's before you factor in lunch/dinner, couple drinks. 

Why folk think it's a wild reaction to tonight's result is a bit beyond me. I was actually going to miss tonight and go on Saturday but managed to get away from work early. 

If we'd won then you'd have the finances for it though? 

We were literally unbeaten in weeks and our manager picked up the manager of the month award after defeating the top two teams in the league in February, which is why your reaction to one defeat and awful performance is getting rightly lambasted. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

10 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

You're original tear stained meltdown of a post wasn't anything to do with finances, or hard times though, was it? 

You've had a massive overreaction to a defeat and are now trying to gloss over that with a hardship sob story.

Fooling absolutely no one.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

23 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Unless I'm mistaken I make it the 27th August the last time we won a league game without Mcgrattan in the starting line up despite him only starting around half the games in what has been a somewhat successful season so far. 

McGrattan starting: P14 W9 D4 L1

McGrattan not starting: P13 W2 D4 L7

Only defeat with him was at Raith in August, when incidentally he was in central midfield rather than out wide. The two wins without him were also in August.

You can arguably have two of Muirhead, Oakley and Ali Crawford in the same team, but never all three. You might get away with shoehorning Muirhead in on the wing if you have McGrattan or Quitongo on the other side and Robbie Crawford as the most advanced midfielder, to do the pressing and defensive work he won't. You might get away with Ali Crawford playing behind the striker (or even Muirhead) despite the lack of defensive qualities if you have McGrattan and Quitongo out wide to cover for him. You certainly can't have all three of them in the team and you can't play a front two with this squad regardless of who's in the XI.

That Imrie didn't spot this blatantly apparent truth in the second half was really out of character for him. It was so obvious how easily they were playing through us due to the total lack of presence in midfield and I was genuinely shocked he persisted with that obviously failing shape.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

On Robbie Muirhead, some of the criticism is a wee bit harsh. It's certainly true he's not  not suited to the role he's had in these last two games, but even at that he created the two big chances we had in the first half on Saturday, then set up the first goal and played a lovely wee pass that lead to the cross in for the equaliser. Nobody else in the team has those touches in their locker and if one of the two has to miss out then more often that not it's going to have to be Oakley, imo.

AWMSC

7 hours ago, ChampTon said:

If you're only going to go when we are winning then you're probably best supporting somebody else

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

I arrived at 7:35. I got my ticket about a minute after the first goal at 7:52. I got into the ground around 10 mins later. More than 25 minutes in freezing conditions. The queues for the ticket office and turnstiles were overlapping on Sinclair st. 

Even clubs in League 2 have efficient online ticketing systems. The fact people need to queue twice, unless they've bought a paper ticket in advance or have a season ticket, baffles me. As does the fact theuve been designed so that your ticket has to go below the bit that looks specifically like the space where the ticket goes.

7 hours ago, ChampTon said:

Massive massive over reaction. Give it a rest. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

16 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

30 odd years of false hope followed by inevitable bitter disappointment has conditioned me into a permanently pessimistic old bugger, but even I am feeling mildly optimistic about this one. Meaning of course that if we lose I must then take full responsibility.

I can only apologise lads, I don't know what I was thinking. It won't happen again.

Hopefully thats the last we see of Ambrose at the back without a defensive midfielder or two in front of him.

We really miss McGrattan and Quitongo's workrate when they're out of the team as well - the defence has been getting dragged all over the place in the last couple of games. 

9 hours ago, Hej said:

Don't want to accuse you of being a liar, but you must be talking shite. I was there at 7.38 and the queue for the turnstiles, never mind the tickets, was curled way back to the ticket office.

I can absolutely assure you I'm not talking shite or lying, why the fuck would I?

I'v got a season ticket, so didn't need to queue for a ticket or anything and I came from the main road ( park at the dock) so didn't even look in the direction of the ticket office or notice a ton of people up there, there may have been.

9 hours ago, port-ton said:

Unless I'm mistaken I make it the 27th August the last time we won a league game without Mcgrattan in the starting line up despite him only starting around half the games in what has been a somewhat successful season so far. 

I get what you’re saying and why - but the inclusion of one single player in the starting lineup can’t suddenly galvanise the entire team into turning up and doing their jobs properly. The most disappointing thing for me about last night was that these players must have known that even the scrappiest of wins would have put us in 3rd and in with a real shout. You’d think that they’d have run out there and worked their arses off, showing how much they wanted that by producing the kind of workrate and quality we’ve seen them to be totally capable of. 

But it’s done. Onto Saturday. Mon the Ton.

10 minutes ago, Madton said:

I can absolutely assure you I'm not talking shite or lying, why the fuck would I?

I'v got a season ticket, so didn't need to queue for a ticket or anything and I came from the main road ( park at the dock) so didn't even look in the direction of the ticket office or notice a ton of people up there, there may have been.

I think this was the significant problem last night. The big queue coming down Sinclar Street from the ticket office towards the Cowshed was probably supposed to be the only queue which could then split into four at the front, but in practice that one queue was for the one turnstile closest to that end of the street and the other three had considerably shorter queues with those coming from the Norseman/main road.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

9 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Forget tonight.  Would anyone really rule out this Morton side bouncing back and beating Thistle then Arbroath?  I wouldn't.  Keep the faith.

Yes yes yes. Fuck what happened last night yes we were poor and a mile off it but it happens it's the championship and we have no right to beat anyone. 

Beat these fucking goons on Saturday with horrible arseclowns like Graham and Tiffoney and then keep looking forward this team has done it so many times this year lets keep the heid and keep going and make this season for so many reasons one to remember, sorry that last line is birthday caird pish but it's true. 

14 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

I get what you’re saying and why - but the inclusion of one single player in the starting lineup can’t suddenly galvanise the entire team into turning up and doing their jobs properly. The most disappointing thing for me about last night was that these players must have known that even the scrappiest of wins would have put us in 3rd and in with a real shout. You’d think that they’d have run out there and worked their arses off, showing how much they wanted that by producing the kind of workrate and quality we’ve seen them to be totally capable of. 

But it’s done. Onto Saturday. Mon the Ton.

In my opinion we aren't an overly creative attacking team and a lot of our chances come from us pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch. Mcgrattan for me is one of the most vital cogs in our pressing when it's at its best and he brings a structure and composure to the team that we lack when he's not there. 

The team last night had Miller, Ali Crawford and Muirhead in it who are all fine players, however the team doesn't look good enough to accommodate them all if we want to play the way that has made us successful this season. I wouldn't question the workrate of any of those players or anyone in the team really even last night, just that we look a very average side when we can't impose our game on the opposition. 

There's a place for everyone in the squad and they've all been excellent at times this season so I don't see a need to question their motivation or anything after one bad result. The same players have come from behind to collect points when playing badly in the previous two games after all. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

27 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I think this was the significant problem last night. The big queue coming down Sinclar Street from the ticket office towards the Cowshed was probably supposed to be the only queue which could then split into four at the front, but in practice that one queue was for the one turnstile closest to that end of the street and the other three had considerably shorter queues with those coming from the Norseman/main road.

That queue started after a guy came out the pub, saw the size of the queue and said something like, “I’m naw goin away doon there, will we just stawn here?”, which was pretty funny to be fair. Noticed the stewards trying to usher people away up to the back of the queue, but you can imagine how that went. 

Love the idea of Madton with the heid doon sauntering in oblivious to the queue the length of Sinclair Street and coming on here saying there's no issues. 😂

To be fair to the main steward, it's not easy having to direct people into queues, answering queries about tickets, checking no bottles etc. are being taken in, helping people who don't know how to work the scanner, helping people when the scanners break, etc. while 3/4 other stewards are standing like cardboard cutouts. The queue goes a lot quicker if you have more than one person storming about daft having to do it all themselves, all at once.

Archived