Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (7th March)

Admin

ezgif-1-ef45de76c3.gif

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The Morton Club Edition is almost sold out, so make sure you act quickly and secure your bottle now! Make sure you check out the new Titan Orange Rum for a brand new twist on a classic spirit! 

Visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union invites you to the new Warm Hands of Friendship Initiative. Join the team in their Kilblain Street office every Wednesday between 10am-12pm. This new scheme offers a safe environment, resources, advice, support, a warm cuppa and a friendly face.  

Contact us via our website or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's on.

Is there any suggestion it won't be on? I'm supposed to be heading up to Greenock this afternoon (work related) and the main reason for that is that we have a game on.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Absolutely buzzing for this. Bringing a few non-football boys along, and they've loved coming this season, some even bought some merch like the 'Dougie hat'. Word is slowly spreading about this Morton team and long may it continue.

Get into these diddies Morton.

Amazing what a positive outlook from the powers that be, especially the manager, has on fan interest. Such a sea change to hear us talk ourselves up rather than the previous manager's mantra of almost apologising for having the audacity to be in the division. Of course positivity has to be backed up by performances and results including for a sound thumping of Ayr tonight. 

Really looking forward to this, Cappielow under the lights there is nothing better. 

It also just shows how big a game this as my dad and brother plus his friend are all going and they normally don't bother I think there could be a really good crowd for this even on a Tuesday night. 

Quitongo to start if fit but other than that don't think I would make any changes from the team on Saturday.

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

A convincing win tonight and I'd like to think we could pull a bumper crowd on Saturday.  

Would love to agree but feel like the current home support of 1800-2000 is the high watermark until there's a silver pot up for grabs on the day, or at least a playoff. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Would love to agree but feel like the current home support of 1800-2000 is the high watermark until there's a silver pot up for grabs on the day, or at least a playoff. 

I tend to agree Stu which is why I said I'd like to think we would.  You never know though.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Taking into account it's a midweek game on a baltic night, and by the sound of things only a couple of hundred little people are making the trip, anything above 2000 would be a pleasant surprise. If we win though, if we don't get double that on Saturday against plucky wee Partick, it'll be disappointing. 

Archived