Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March)

Admin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Daleston said:

What we learnt from yesterday is when fit Grant Gillespie must start . Personal view is he changed the game when he came on 

That's too simplistic in my view because we also changed formation with Gillespie's introduction. He allowed us to do that (which makes him an asset to the squad) but the team we finished with won't always be the right one to deal with the different tests we face. There'll be games where we want Quitongo in the line-up for example, which means either dropping Muirhead out or going back to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

The only player who has to start at the moment is Oakley to exploit his purple patch - I'm fine with us mixing and matching the other options we have midfield to front based on form and fitness. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

20 hours ago, so72 said:

Wouod be happy for Brian to go back to Livi and Hamilton to come back to us.

The boy is learning his trade and is a good shotstopper. However, he really needs to be coming off his line. He only comes and collects, he never goes to punch or chalenge for it. He will learn 

When he comes and collects he is coming off his line though. Schwake has mostly been good dealing with high balls and crosses - we don't see out games like Dundee a few weeks ago with a flapping mess in goal. There is a small chance that he fails to deal with the situation properly though, and we saw an example of that yesterday. At his stage of development I don't think that's an issue and it has been an effective partnership for us, for Schwake and for his parent club too. 

The theory that the third was ruled out for handball may well be right, but it shouldn't be happening in the first place given how close the cross was to the goal line. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It really can't be overstated how good Muirhead's assist for our first goal was. Great to see Oakley going across to acknowledge it right away. It was such good hold-up play and a fine ball across goal as well.

If you'd told me a couple of years ago that Robbie Muirhead was going to turn into Marco Asensio I'd have spat on you.

EOho8Pw.png

On 3/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, Madton said:

Huge on Tues. Ayr fans calling for Bullen to be sacked is pleasing, seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment, need to take advantage. O'connor will miss Tues and Mullin went off injured. 3 points an absolute must.

Ayr have appealed the O'connor sending off in hope he can play tomorrow.

Mullin set to be out for 6-8 weeks.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Ayr have appealed the O'connor sending off in hope he can play tomorrow.

Mullin set to be out for 6-8 weeks.

Aye, I seen that earlier and watched the highlights. An absolute shocker from the ref, never a red.

Would be amazed if it's not overturned.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, DumfriesTon said:

If it leads directly to a goal then on that basis I think it is a foul. 

Yes, that would make sense - in theory the header could have been going over the bar but hitting the player's own hand slowed it down enough that it dropped into the net below the bar.  Clearly that would be a ridiculous decision if a goal were to be awarded.  But who knows?  Certainly not our referees...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived