Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March)

Admin

Delighted with a point would have taken that before the game but to be 2-0 down and come back again just shows how much grit and determination is in this squad. 

First half we were miles off it but much improved second half even though I would say they dominated the ball and we looked quite shaky at the back. 

Not celebrated a goal like the 2nd for a while feel that's a really important point for us to keep the good run going. Ayr seem to be in free fall and it's a good time to get them especially at Cappielow. 

Credit to Oakley today he never stopped working and just has a knack for scoring goals which is really what we need at this stage in the season, another brilliant signing. 

Great atmosphere and cracking away day. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Madton said:

Huge on Tues. Ayr fans calling for Bullen to be sacked is pleasing, seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment, need to take advantage. O'connor will miss Tues and Mullin went off injured. 3 points an absolute must. Big Oakley will hopefully ragdoll Mcginty. What a signing he has been btw, 5 in 5.

Hope we have the covers down...

My favourite Morton team possibly since I've been supporting the club. The never give up attitude is superb and we now have the proper quality up top to win points even if we aren't playing great. 

Don't actually think the tackle on Crawford was a penalty. Seemed to me that QP player won the ball. Their disallowed goal was a laughably bad decision - never a foul and Schwake went missing again at a corner. I don't have much confidence in him. Not commanding whatsoever and the amount of soft goals we concede is alarming. 

Two fantastic crosses for the goals. Great finishes by Oakley who will be signing of the season at this rate. Atmosphere phenomenal. Owen Coyle tears phenomenonal.  This Morton team phenomenonal. Buzzing for Tuesday now. Massive opportunity to cement the playoffs.

Wasn't there today but some of the criticism of Schwake is ott. He's been good this season and looks like he'll have a great career ahead of him.

There's the odd mistake but he's a huge part of our success. 

I think Schwake is a dependable enough Championship goalkeeper, one who will make the odd error but one you don't need to go in to games worrying about. He makes a good amount of saves and I feel like he's decent at collecting crosses that are coming directly towards him but as with most keepers at this level he has his faults and the longer the season goes on the more they are coming to the fore. 

It's his first season of full time football though and he's a young goalkeeper who is going to make mistakes and is here to learn the game. I can't see Dougie wanting him again next season though. I wouldn't bet against him trying to get another Livingston keeper on loan instead next season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I think Schwake is a dependable enough Championship goalkeeper, one who will make the odd error but one you don't need to go in to games worrying about. He makes a good amount of saves and I feel like he's decent at collecting crosses that are coming directly towards him but as with most keepers at this level he has his faults and the longer the season goes on the more they are coming to the fore. 

It's his first season of full time football though and he's a young goalkeeper who is going to make mistakes and is here to learn the game. I can't see Dougie wanting him again next season though. I wouldn't bet against him trying to get another Livingston keeper on loan instead next season. 

Wouod be happy for Brian to go back to Livi and Hamilton to come back to us.

The boy is learning his trade and is a good shotstopper. However, he really needs to be coming off his line. He only comes and collects, he never goes to punch or chalenge for it. He will learn 

9 hours ago, irnbru said:

Wasn't there today but some of the criticism of Schwake is ott. He's been good this season and looks like he'll have a great career ahead of him.

There's the odd mistake but he's a huge part of our success. 

Yeah I agree. He's not perfect but I think he's saved more than he's given away this season. Personally I think he's been very good for us and part of the best defence in the league.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

6 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Just watched the highlights, honestly can't see why their third was ruled out.

Is it for handball? Looks like Eze header's it and before it hits the net it takes a deflection of what looks like his arm/hand.

50 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Is it for handball? Looks like Eze header's it and before it hits the net it takes a deflection of what looks like his arm/hand.

That wouldn’t be a foul. If a player plays the ball and it then hits his own arm, it’s not supposed to be a foul apparently. Same if it bounces off his foot and hits his arm. There was some discussion about that after the Efe penalty at Parkhead. I’d guess the ref didn’t know the rules.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

That wouldn’t be a foul. If a player plays the ball and it then hits his own arm, it’s not supposed to be a foul apparently. Same if it bounces off his foot and hits his arm. There was some discussion about that after the Efe penalty at Parkhead. I’d guess the ref didn’t know the rules.

If it leads directly to a goal then on that basis I think it is a foul. 

Archived