Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th March)

Admin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Away guide saying Ochilview turnstiles are cash-only yet tickets can  be purchased on arrival.

So am I buying a ticket for a cash-only turnstile?

Can always just buy your ticket online and use your phone

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I'm weirdly optimistic about this one. Cue 5-0 humping.

Optimistic you say?  I've taken a £10 treble of Morton, Inverness and Cove.  Returns near enough £800.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

2-0 down! WTF is going on?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I'm abroad and missing this one, played a blinder watching any chance of us winning the league evaporate.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

There’s no real getting away from the fact that Imrie’s away selections are often quite dubious. This is a rotten showing. Need to be getting Gillespie in for Blues and McGrattan for Miller for starters if we’ve any interest in making a game of it.

AWMSC

We miss Quitongo or a similar threat in behind badly against this mob. It's all being played in front of their back four and Muirhead isn't working. 

We're not playing too badly - Queens Park have been clinical while we have missed an excellent chance and had an absolute stonewall penalty - carbon copy of last week's - denied at 1-0. It doesn't look like being our day but we just need to get a goal from somewhere to make it a game again. 

1 minute ago, C B said:

When will we learn that McGrattan works better than Miller?? 

Aye that's definitely the issue in that 45 minutes. 🤡

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Don't think we've been too bad on the ball but when I saw line up I wondered if we could accommodate Muirhead, Miller and Ali Crawford without it affecting the way we play off the ball and they've played through us quite easily at times. Too many sloppy touches and passes at the back as well and it's cost us. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

32 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

That goal stemmed from Efe needlessly giving the ball away.

He probably did give the ball away, but if Baird and Schwake don't get their wires crossed then there's little chance of a goal - that's what made it a tap-in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We miss Quitongo or a similar threat in behind badly against this mob. It's all being played in front of their back four and Muirhead isn't working. 

We're not playing too badly - Queens Park have been clinical while we have missed an excellent chance and had an absolute stonewall penalty - carbon copy of last week's - denied at 1-0. It doesn't look like being our day but we just need to get a goal from somewhere to make it a game again. 

Aye that's definitely the issue in that 45 minutes. 🤡

Look like a stonewall penalty on the livestream, but my brother at the game reckoned the challenge was well timed and the boy got the ball.

3 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Look like a stonewall penalty on the livestream, but my brother at the game reckoned the challenge was well timed and the boy got the ball.

Stream? Where?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The defender didn't get anywhere near the ball IMHO, the decision to give a corner was more inexplicable than giving them either a goal kick or a free kick for a dive. 

Archived