Allan McGraw - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Allan McGraw

StuartTon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man responsible for inflicting the curse that is Morton on me and I can't thank him enough. Rest in peace Mr Morton. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The definition of a legend. 

RIP Allan. He was the manager when I started going to games, and I remember meeting him and being proper starstruck as a kid. 

When people think of Morton out with our fan base they always mention how good Allan McGraw was.

Very sad news.  It goes without saying that he is an absolute legend, but he was also a really decent guy.  Always very approachable and made time to talk to the fans.  I remember when I was a lad me and a friend doorstepped his house in Trumpethill asking for his autograph.  He invited us in, gave us glasses of juice and chatted away to us.

I saw him making his way into Cappielow on Saturday so it’s nice that he was still able to attend games right up to the end.

RIP Allan & thanks for the memories

Sad, sad news.  As with most above Allan was the manager when my Dad first started taking me to games in the early 90s.  Can't remember exactly which season was my first but the one I have my first proper memories of was 93/94 when we were relegated then the awesome 94/95 season in the second with the arrival of Lindberg and Rajamaki, two of my footballing heroes.  

RIP Mr Morton!

here today, gone to hell

It's my earliest memory of games at Cappielow with my granda, I *still* to this day want to shout "get the subs on McGraw" and I don't think that will ever leave me. RIP Mr Morton.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

My hero when I started going to Cappielow. Very sad news.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Like many others above, the Morton manager when it all started for me. A legend in it's truest form.

Glad he got that fitting tribute before he passed.

Glad that his last memory of Morton will be of a Club on the way up with a team that gives everything for the jersey.

RIP Mr Morton.

6d9fb2f518083c8587401d01c9fcaccb.jpg

Really gutted to hear this. A legend as a player, manager and all round ambassador for Morton.

Thoughts are with the family. 

R.I.P.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Remember being in the big hall of the supporters club years ago.

The doors opened and Allan and Eddie Morrison came in.

Some of the older guys immediately stood applauding and started sing singing 

"Allan McGraw is the Daddy of them aww

Allan McGraw is the Daddy of them aww 

Allan McGraw is the Daddy of them aww

And the Ton go marching on.

Glory, glory Greenock Morton 

And the Ton go marching on." 

The tune is self evident and words easy to remember, would that not be a fitting song for the inevitable tribute on Tuesday night.

Gutted to hear this. Gave a lot to the club over the years as player and manager and as just a fan in the end. Always had time for everyone without any hint of arrogance or anything that sometimes people with his standing in the game have. 

RIP

The goal scoring record that will never be beaten. 12 years in charge seems a ridiculous idea these days. Also the amount of talent he nurtured was phenomenal and thereby kept the club in solid financial shape during that time. I can only agree with many on here though who’s memories are that of a true gentleman that it was his personality and nature that made him so popular. 

Spent a lot of my younger days in and around Cappielow and have find memories of Mr.McGraw. I used to take some tinnies up to his office after every home game where he'd be sitting with the biggest smile talking about football and smoking a cigar. 

Heaven just gained a wonderful person and a new no.9.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived