Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (25th February) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (25th February)

Admin

ezgif-1-ef45de76c3.gif

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The Morton Club Edition is almost sold out, so make sure you act quickly and secure your bottle now! Make sure you check out the new Titan Orange Rum for a brand new twist on a classic spirit! 

Visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union invites you to the new Warm Hands of Friendship Initiative. Join the team in their Kilblain Street office every Wednesday between 10am-12pm. This new scheme offers a safe environment, resources, advice, support, a warm cuppa and a friendly face.  

Contact us via our website or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see how we lone up tomorrow.  Go with the same 11 that started against Dundee or do we bring in Miller, Muirhead and A. Crawford. It's great to have so many options.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

If everyone who was unfit last week remains unavailable to start, you move Grimshaw back to right back in place of Pignatiello, Robbie Crawford deeper and Ali Crawford at the front of the midfield three. Really the only change to the XI in that scenario is Crawford for Pignatiello in a roundabout way. If you try to accommodate either of Muirhead and Gillespie as well as Ali Crawford, that is going turn into a very interesting looking team, where some good performers over the two consecutive wins are being hard done by.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

If everyone who was unfit last week remains unavailable to start, you move Grimshaw back to right back in place of Pignatiello, Robbie Crawford deeper and Ali Crawford at the front of the midfield three. Really the only change to the XI in that scenario is Crawford for Pignatiello in a roundabout way. If you try to accommodate either of Muirhead and Gillespie as well as Ali Crawford, that is going turn into a very interesting looking team, where some good performers over the two consecutive wins are being hard done by.

Anyone from that starting 11 last week would be incredibly hard done by if they were dropped but it's a great conversation to be having.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Roll on 4.45, 3 points in the bag, the magic 40 points total and safety secured (matching last year's total) with 11 games to spare and another Manager of the Month trophy on Dougie's shelf (unless Hamilton beat Queen's Park and they wrongly give it to Rankin).

Hopefully.

Then we push on...

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Roll on 4.45, 3 points in the bag, the magic 40 points total and safety secured (matching last year's total) with 11 games to spare and another Manager of the Month trophy on Dougie's shelf (unless Hamilton beat Queen's Park and they wrongly give it to Rankin).

Hopefully.

Then we push on...

Would be delighted if Hamilton beat QP.

Sure Dougie won't mind missing out on Manager of the Month when he picks up Manager of the Year after securing the title.

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Anyone from that starting 11 last week would be incredibly hard done by if they were dropped but it's a great conversation to be having.

At the same time, Muirhead would feel hard done by to be dropped after his performance the previous week (Miller from the week before that as well). The balance will always be difficult but it's a good situation if we've got more than 11 players deserving of a starting place. 

8 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

That’s a decent solution to our new situation of having difficult but welcome options. My only doubt would be losing Grimshaw’s dominance in midfield, where he excelled last Friday. 

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Would be delighted if Hamilton beat QP.

Sure Dougie won't mind missing out on Manager of the Month when he picks up Manager of the Year after securing the title.

Most definitely. Can't rule it out, they are the form team in the division.

Good to have serious options off the bench now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Bloody hell, this stream is unwatchable. Picture breaking up. Like a cine film where it’s stripped the sprockets. Someone tell whoever’s winding the camera up.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Now it’s just a green screen with the score box in the top corner. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived