Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (5th February) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (5th February)

Admin

15 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Could it possibly have been a gentleman's agreement that he would be released in order to sign for us, provided he didn't play against them?

I don’t think the club have the best of relationships with Inverness to be going into agreements like that after their conduct last season, tbh.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Could it possibly have been a gentleman's agreement that he would be released in order to sign for us, provided he didn't play against them?

My (albeit basic) understanding of the rules is that, if the transfer is permanent rather than a loan, a clause like that can't be added. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

On 2/5/2023 at 8:19 AM, Alibi said:

Seems strange to drop him. I know he was at least partly responsible for Celtic’s second goal but he is still a decent player with a lot of experience. What matters is what he does against Championship level teams. However if others are doing the business more effectively, they may oust him on merit - but I think our last couple of games suggest defensive fragility. Also Schwake’s name seems to be cropping up in post mortems rather too much for my liking recently although we have nobody else for his position.

I have a feeling we will see better next weekend. Btw why no Oakley yesterday?

I didn't see Ambrose participate in any half time warm ups last week. I guessed he's not fully fit. O'Connor's situational awareness at both goals on Saturday was poor, and that was a problem earlier in the season as well. Particularly bad on the second goal where he is tempted to challenge for a ball that's not his, making him lose his man (who scores). 

Schwake's a young goalkeeper, and his weaknesses have been evident a few times this season. At times he doesn't know whether to come for a ball or not and that indecisiveness hasn't helped. He has also been slow to sort his feet out at times, which affects everything else as a goalkeeper. These are things that are common for young goalkeepers - anticipation takes time to hone. He's a talented young goalkeeper but, unfortunately, we've just been bearing some of the downsides of his inexperience. 

I’m not too downbeaten by that result, as I found it quite encouraging that two forwards scored goals for the first time I can think of in recent memory. It’s also quite surprising when You look at the league table that a win on Saturday will take Us into 4th place. That will make today’s result a good one.

Archived