TaunTon - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

TaunTon

HamCam

Many of you will have known Dave (TaunTon) through his visits to Cappielow and/or his regular posting on this messageboard and its predecessors. Sadly Dave lost his battle with cancer at the weekend. We shared a dream and that was to see Morton lift a cup and march into Europe but for Dave it was not to be. He still never lost his passion and pride in the club and right up to the end he kept believing.

Really sorry to hear that. Don’t think I ever knew him out with the forum, but he was always one of the good guys on here, even through times that everyone was at each others’ throats. He was also a good laugh.

I’ll miss his contributions and send my thoughts out to all his friends and family. Terrible shame.

Never knew him or met him other than his posts on here. Very sorry to hear about his passing and send my condolences to his friends and family. 

Just another reminder that you have no Idea what the people behind the usernames are going through in their lives. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

A few months back, I really screwed up on here with a stupid and hugely offensive post. I took it on the chin, apologised, and publicly beat myself up about it. Dave PM'd me out of the blue to offer words of advice, wisdom and consolation. He didn't have to take time out of his day to do that for a complete stranger - but the fact that he did says a lot about the kind of person he was.

RIP Dave.

Never met him in person but had many great conversations with him since the topica days. Thoughts and condolences to his loved ones. 

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Shocking news. Very sad to hear. I've spoken to him on and off - online only - for well over a decade now. Had no idea he was ill. He was a very nice, chill guy and I offer my condolences to his friends and family.

EOho8Pw.png

Sad news indeed.  He was a good contributor to the messageboard over the years, and well liked by many too.  Didn't know that he was ill.

When all is said and done, we all have our spats and arguments but the overwhelming majority on here are good folk.  Its sad to learn that we are one fewer.

RIP Dave.

*insert signature here*

Very sorry to learn this. Like many, I only knew of Dave through his contributions to this forum and the previous message board as TaunTon; which I posted on more regularly for a number of years back then.

He genuinely came across as a decent guy and was definitely a name that you noticed when reading a thread. Condolences to his friends and family at this sad time. Ton support one down today.

RIP Dave.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Always came across as a passionate, well-informed and humorous ton supporter. Thank you for passing on the information, thoughts go out to all of his family and friends. A sad day for the Morton family.

Met Dave a few times in the Spinnaker years ago. Really nice guy, and Morton through and through. Dedication personified travelling to the games as much as he could.

Rest in peace, it’s a true gent we’ve lost and would echo the same above, we will all miss his contributions on here. 

Archived