Match Preview/Thread - Celtic vs Morton (21st January) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Celtic vs Morton (21st January)

Admin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cat10 said:

Looks like they were trying to balance it out

But that only makes it more farcical.  If they wanted to balance it out they'd have given a penalty for the Johnstone challenge on Strapp.  They said no to that one pretty quickly.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

The third utter nonsense penalty given against us in three weeks. Get Uncle Neil up to Hampden for an intimate meeting with the corrupt cheats at the SFA. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TAFKAC said:

But that only makes it more farcical.  If they wanted to balance it out they'd have given a penalty for the Johnstone challenge on Strapp.  They said no to that one pretty quickly.

0.03 seconds v the 5 minutes to concoct a penalty to Celtic. Presumably no check at all on the challenge on Miller, that leads directly to their third goal either. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

If the first one is a penalty, why is the second one not?  Absolutely farcical.

It makes no sense whatsoever! The rules are it’s a foul if the ball hits the arm (accidentally or not) when making the body unnaturally bigger despite if it’s in a natural position (like for balance which Efe was doing), but it’s not a foul if the player is going to ground and the arm on question is a supporting arm. 
So technically as the rules are written if Efe’s arms were tight to his body (unnaturally as he’d then not have balance) it wouldn’t be a penalty!  Joke

here today, gone to hell

1 minute ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Leaving aside the VAR penalty controversy... why the hell was VAR operating for this tie anyway?

The bulk of the other ties will be VAR-free 

e.g. Arbroath v Motherwell.

That's what was saying, it it had been at Cappielow there wouldn't have been VAR.

I watched in a pub in Cyprus, everyone agreed it was a ridiculous decision.

6 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Leaving aside the VAR penalty controversy... why the hell was VAR operating for this tie anyway?

The bulk of the other ties will be VAR-free 

e.g. Arbroath v Motherwell.

All live TV games at VAR grounds, have to use it. Other ties, optional.

This one's not just on the SFA - same protocols apply for cup games in other countries including England.

Still a nonsense.

Fucking rigged. We'd little enough chance without 2 grade one referees deciding they were going to empty a game plan that seemed to be working. 

The other goals were poor but you feel we wouldn't have conceded them as cheaply with the game still level. As if the players knew at that point the game was a bogey thanks to yet more shitey officiating.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Strapp was having a good game so presume he's injured as well. Hopefully nothing too serious. Last thing we need although King did well when he came on. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Side point - you're on TV against the best team in the country. The least you can do if you want to impress teams at a higher level is put a shift in, and Robbie Muirhead badly let us down IMO. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Side point - you're on TV against the best team in the country. The least you can do if you want to impress teams at a higher level is put a shift in, and Robbie Muirhead badly let us down IMO. 

He put a shift in for me, just he was in the middle of a 3 man rondo for the majority of the time. No point him wasting energy pressing a defender when we aren't pressing as a team and the guy has multiple easy options. 

Couldn't say there was one player today who didn't put a shift in. Just outclassed on the ball by the best team in the country. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Strapp was badly limping when he left the ground earlier. Looks a bad one. 

Another shocking refereeing decision which kills the game and a couple shite moments from Gillespie and Ambrose. Not too disheartened - they're just a better team than us. 

Decent attendance so hopefully a couple of extra bodies in next week for the title charge. 

37 minutes ago, port-ton said:

He put a shift in for me, just he was in the middle of a 3 man rondo for the majority of the time. No point him wasting energy pressing a defender when we aren't pressing as a team and the guy has multiple easy options. 

Couldn't say there was one player today who didn't put a shift in. Just outclassed on the ball by the best team in the country. 

Not sure about that. He didn't seem to want to win the ball and was pulling out of challenges. I get it's a tough shift but you'd expect him to win at last the odd long ball or take one or two decent touches. 

Archived