Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January)

Admin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS! Ref knows he's made a mess of that which is why I presume he shows the yellow card to big Jack (through embarrassment or in an attempt to get everyone to piss off and forget it?) who only goes over to ask again what that was all about? Although I see his yellow isn't in any match report so (not looking to get him one retrospectively) WTF is that all about as well?? Completely all over the place.

What is it about New Douglas Park and referees that change their mind on a decision? 

Utterly appalling decision and he clearly gives the free kick to us as both sets of players turn around and start walking up pitch. Genuinely baffling and it's costing us every week. Of recent memory, we've had the shove on Crawford at home to Partick,  the blatant handball off the line not given away at Arbroath, the baffling decisions at Firhill last week and then yesterday's nonsense. 

Although looking at the highlights, we had most of the 2nd half and definitely deserved at least a point. We really need another striker in before the end of the month. Imperative to how our season ends up. 

Whilst we’ve made our own problems over the last few games and can’t really grumble too much about the outcomes on balance, but that doesn’t alter the fact that games are routinely being decided by utterly appalling officiating and at least one big decision per match. It’s not on, and yet if anybody complains they just get hit with a ban.

Whilst we have suffered badly in all of this, it’d also a broader issue and it simply can’t be tolerated. Even if there’s not any major decisions botched, the overall standard is just so poor that it’s common for games to be completely ruined as a spectacle by it.

AWMSC

A shit day out which started off badly, only one turnstile available for scanning tickets at the gate. I was lucky to get in before KO, a lot of fans left standing in the pishing rain due to negligence and incompetence of HAFC! Two gates available for cash transactions, which wasn't an option on the website .Big bouncer took pelters from our fans, however, not his fault .Poor home attendance,I've seen more at a home game at Dumbarton, we probably matched them attendance wise ! Back to the game... What a totally shit referee, absolutely baffled by the penalty decision, Ambrose was painfully slow yesterday, and made a couple of errors, which could maybe be a  problem trying to compete with Maeda and co next week!  Alexander KIng should start next week, fantastic talent who must feel aggrieved that a couple of jobbers are getting a start ahead of him, after only signing last week. Here's hoping there's' a couple of signings incoming!

Sponsored by Oban 14

If he's given that for the Gillespie challenge then that's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Can't even think what part of that he thinks is a foul from Gillespie?  Does he think Baird's handballed it on the follow-up shot, and given it for that? Absolutely baffling incompetence.

Ridiculous to give a penalty for that. If anything it might be a free kick to Morton for the challenge but Gillespie makes contact with the ball, not the man. Morton should send the video clip to the appropriate authority and ask for an explanation. Every fecking week we see bad decisions but that’s one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Imagine that happened in a TV game - the ref would be running the line at primary school games thereafter. Especially with the reversal of his initial decision. Amateur doesn’t begin to cover that.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Time to make referees in this country full time and pay them a salary.

Why should clowns like 'Duncan Williams' steal even more money for their 'contribution' to the sport than they do right now?

Will they ever be sacked from their full time job for making egregious errors? Or will the SFA close ranks to protect their own?

Unless we're offering salaried positions to competent officials from across Europe to run the games, then more money changes absolutely nothing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Watched the highlights last night. Both penalty decisions are terrible - the one given to them and the one not given to us.  Difficult to tell from the highlights but we seemed to create enough to put the game to bed, but the finishing was pretty poor.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

The referee has had an absolute nightmare with the penalty. It seems like he's totally confused himself in the moment. He blows the whistle as the Hamilton player is about to shoot (initially to give us a foul - as you can see on the video). I can only think that he really did get confused about who was shooting which way, and gave a foul for what he thought was an over-enthusiastic shot by Gillespie or that he got confused about which player was which in the initial challenge. 

Whatever it was, and I don't say this lightly, that has to be one of the worst pieces of refereeing that I've ever seen at our level. He has failed to read what was going on in a moment of the match at the most fundamental level. 

1 hour ago, Scott said:

I'm not convinced Gillespie deserved a 2nd yellow. Looking back at the challenge the Hamilton no 8 has put his head down, it's not a high foot. Hope we appeal it!

We can't appeal it because it was two bookings. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived