Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January)

Admin

I really can’t see what exactly it is that Miller is contributing that McGrattan wasn’t, or that King couldn’t. That’s not to write him off or to say that he won’t come good, but he’s done very little to justify his inclusions so far.

Also, this ref is a tool.

AWMSC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All started with the team selection. In fact, it all started with signing a LOI jobber thats already had his chance in Scotland. Very poor from the boys. Dougie has bounced back from every set back but this tops off a winless run that has halted any title push and now put us as firm outsiders for the playoffs.

Just now, TONofmemories said:

Failing to beat this drab outfit is seriously concerning.

That's the thing - no sour grapes because Accies took their chance and we didn't but they've also been very poor. It's not like they suddenly played a blinder. Very worrying.

We didn't really test the 'keeper until the 89th minute.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

That's the wheels off, then.

Our last home league game was on November 12th. That's what has cost us. 

I'm not excusing a rancid performance today, but the reality is that happens away from home in this division. We've had plenty of them at NDP and Imrie's first unbeaten run came to an end twelve months ago there too. You need to make it a) an exception and b) cancelled out by getting the momentum of a home win. 

The big missed opportunity was the game against a very depleted Ayr side on January 2nd. An ideal opportunity to put a play-off contender to the sword, and go into this run of away games with full confidence. Instead the club (IMHO) dropped the ball by losing that game and now we've got 0 points from 6. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Can see a prolonged period of time without victory now tbh. We look barren in front of goal. Proper striker required.

Strikers only work if they have 10 other players constantly feeding them with opportunities. This isn't happening.

Even allowing for all the games being away, being winless in 5 in all competitions isn’t good, and there’s been warning signs in the performances that there were things needing improving and which, frankly, haven’t been.

It’s hard to really understand a number of the choices Dougie has made (or not made) in the last couple of games tbh, so it’s up to everybody to improve and learn lessons and we can hopefully kick on again once we get back to Cappielow after such a long time away. 

AWMSC

That's the first time under Imrie that you can definitely say he fucked it with his team selection. Roy and Miller starting was completely the wrong call. Miller at least had the excuse of being on the right and therefore being unable to go outside for how poor he was - which goes down as another mistake in team selection - but Roy was laughably bad. The second half was considerably worse than the first until we put Quitongo on the right, Schwake was the only thing stopping that being 3-0. We piled pressure on at the end but far too late.

McGrattan not even getting on the park while Miller was that poor was a bizarre call, and King replacing Strapp rather than Gillespie or Blues was another, particularly in light of Gillespie then going on to get a second booking.

We need to get McGrattan back in the team, he brought a balance to that front three that isn't there with two out and out wingers. We've strengthened the squad yet managed to weaken the starting XI while doing so.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

That's the first time under Imrie that you can definitely say he fucked it with his team selection. Roy and Miller starting was completely the wrong call. Miller at least had the excuse of being on the right and therefore being unable to go outside for how poor he was - which goes down as another mistake in team selection - but Roy was laughably bad. The second half was considerably worse than the first until we put Quitongo on the right, Schwake was the only thing stopping that being 3-0. We piled pressure on at the end but far too late.

McGrattan not even getting on the park while Miller was that poor was a bizarre call, and King replacing Strapp rather than Gillespie or Blues was another, particularly in light of Gillespie then going on to get a second booking.

We need to get McGrattan back in the team, he brought a balance to that front three that isn't there with two out and out wingers. We've strengthened the squad yet managed to weaken the starting XI while doing so.

I thought Strapp was the likelier risk of a second yellow tbh, although it was probably a bit of a toss-up between the two given the amount of times Gillespie was being left isolated. 

AWMSC

1 minute ago, EanieMeany said:

I thought Strapp was the likelier risk of a second yellow tbh, although it was probably a bit of a toss-up between the two given the amount of times Gillespie was being left isolated. 

I get Strapp possibly being a risk of a yellow as well, but Gillespie was also having a shocker for the second game running while Strapp was our only attacking outlet out wide.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That's twice in a row where Dougie has signed a player and then started them in the next game at the expense of a player already playing well.

Miller for McGratten last week and now Ally Roy for jai this weekend and considering we were still waiting for international clearance for Roy right up until last night/this morning we really should have planned to start this game with Jai who's playing regularly and is match sharp.

I think we are playing a dangerous game by changing the front 3 at this point in the season and so far it's come back to haunt us.

it took weeks for the attack to gel at the start of the season and we simply cannot let 4/5 league games to pass and hope that the new attack will start firing.

The game on the 28th is now a must win and we really need the 2 postponed games to be scheduled ASAP.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Couldn't make it today and it sounds pretty bad. Don't think there's ever been a good game of football at that place ever, for any team, including Accies.

Are we really looking so bad up front? Unfortunately by most opinions on here we currently are.

Clinging on to small hopes now such as the only signing this season that maybe looked instantly good was Big Efe, so hopefully the recent recruits will improve, along with Robbie's scoring touch.

Also hopefully now a run of 6(!) away games on the trot are done. So get the distraction of next week out the way, bank the cash, and fingers crossed the team selection sorts itself as others have highlighted on here and we can take advantage of the teams around us being no great shakes either and stay in the hunt for the playoffs.

Well done to everyone who suffered that shit-hole today.

Archived