Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (14th January)

Admin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing for me (and maybe I'm going to be wrong about this) is that Roy feels less likely to do defensive shift than even Kabia was. Which maybe changes the defensive expectations on other players in the team. It feels to me that Muirhead and Roy are going to look more like a front 2, which changes the dynamic in midfield a bit. Having Miller and Roy makes it feel like there might be quite a bit of a dynamic shift around the midfield and attack. The front 3 we started the season with were a bit detached from the rest of the team. Moving Muirhead up and bringing in McGrattan really helped the midfield and attack seem for more like a cohesive unit. 

As I said, it's probably something I need to see to understand Imrie's vision for the team better. 

Aside from McGrattan being such a good player himself, the effect of playing a midfielder in a wider position was that it compensated for the big massive fuckin gaps that are created by insisting on playing a bad League 2 player all the time, and tightened things up accordingly. It’s no coincidence that things are going badly without McGrattan, and once again it is beyond overdue for him to get his chance instead of Cameron fuckin Blues. If Dougie isn’t going to do that, and I really can’t see why not, he’s going to need to go out and bring somebody else in. It’d also make a space for King to come in on the left.

AWMSC

Critical 45 minutes for the rest of the season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This has been dreadful. We've found a lot of space on the right but Miller has no right foot so we've made no use of it. Meanwhile Roy has been everything Partick, Airdrie and Queen of the South fans promised on that 45 minutes, which was dangerously close to bad enough to deploy the Davie Irons rule. A horrendous sitter.

I'd get McGrattan and Quitongo on now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That wee bit of play where Gillespie picked up a loose ball in front of our dugout with a fair bit of space but that somehow ended with Schwake hoofing it up the middle was quite alarmingly bad, it has to be said. There was multiple opportunities for the ball to be brought forward yet nobody seemed to have a clue what to do with it. 

AWMSC

Archived