Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (7th December) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (7th December)

Admin

I thought the wee push on Strapp in the first half could well have been a penalty too. It would maybe have been on the softer side, but given a very similar foul was given against Gillespie just afterwards out on the wing towards the half-way line and then one for no apparent reason against Muirhead when a cross came into the box a few minutes later again, then it was as much of a foul as those two at the very least. 

AWMSC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Is there another team with a more odious collective of supporters than Thistle? The percentage of them compared with attendance must by sky high. Falkirk, by comparison, are a rancid, rancid club, but I don't recall as many of their fans being so horrid. 

Nope. They're a shower of horrible cunts. 

A horrible football club with a group of players and a manager who sum it all up.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Apparently up to 50 Morton fans in hospitality at that bin too, yesterday.

When will folk begin to take a principled stance and stop giving disgusting clubs like them anything above and beyond the bare minimum?

I was amongst the 50, and I have to say won't be back.

Meal "choice" was lasagne, or vegetable lasagne.

Several folk declared, on Thursday night, that they either didn't like lasagne or were dairy intolerant and therefore couldn't eat it.

The response was "well that's it" as a result someone at our table ended up with a scotch pie for his dinner. As he put it, you can have a piece and shite for your dinner on either white bread or brown bread, but it's still a piece and shite.

Prior to yesterday I honestly didn't have much of a negativity towards Partick fans, however I've changed my mind.

One eejit was demanding the whole party were ejected because we celebrated our equaliser, this was after him giving us the V and wanker signs after they scored.

As I say I won't be back.

36 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Highlights up. Can't really see the handball in their pen, but doesn't look like we should have had the pen immediately after. Looks a dive to me..

Poor defending for their second. Might even be an OG

Still think a pen for us. Not really clear from that angle but from where I was sitting there was clear contact and a foot left in. 

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I was amongst the 50, and I have to say won't be back.

Meal "choice" was lasagne, or vegetable lasagne.

Several folk declared, on Thursday night, that they either didn't like lasagne or were dairy intolerant and therefore couldn't eat it.

The response was "well that's it" as a result someone at our table ended up with a scotch pie for his dinner. As he put it, you can have a piece and shite for your dinner on either white bread or brown bread, but it's still a piece and shite.

Prior to yesterday I honestly didn't have much of a negativity towards Partick fans, however I've changed my mind.

One eejit was demanding the whole party were ejected because we celebrated our equaliser, this was after him giving us the V and wanker signs after they scored.

As I say I won't be back.

Aye, one of my mates told me after I posted that that Lesley-Ann had been in touch with your bus about hospitality. Hopefully the bad experience puts everyone off going again, and that in spite of whoever might be friendly with her, it doesn’t mean that our fans should be filling their hospitality and lining their pockets.

I just hope that you let it be known on your bus that it’s of benefit to that lot to be taking offer like that up and going to Morton’s would be far more beneficial to all concerned.

You wouldn’t go to a restaurant to be treated with a “take it or leave it” menu, and being goaded by the other diners, it shouldn’t happen in hospitality at the football either.

Certainly a consolation though to hear that it was such a bad experience and lessons seem to have been learned.

27 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, one of my mates told me after I posted that that Lesley-Ann had been in touch with your bus about hospitality. Hopefully the bad experience puts everyone off going again, and that in spite of whoever might be friendly with her, it doesn’t mean that our fans should be filling their hospitality and lining their pockets.

I just hope that you let it be known on your bus that it’s of benefit to that lot to be taking offer like that up and going to Morton’s would be far more beneficial to all concerned.

You wouldn’t go to a restaurant to be treated with a “take it or leave it” menu, and being goaded by the other diners, it shouldn’t happen in hospitality at the football either.

Certainly a consolation though to hear that it was such a bad experience and lessons seem to have been learned.

Yesterday was Lesley Ann's last day, she starts a new job with a radio station on Monday.

https://twitter.com/partickthistle/status/1611757781580644355?s=46&t=Wfs_aPvIeu_YdshRKGHBow

I know I’m going on and on like a broken record now, and the Partick fans are already lapping up my rants on P&B (keep visiting boys, the advertisers are happy) but wtf is this all about?

Jim Goodwin was heavily punished earlier in the season for branding Ryan Porteous as a cheat. Whilst an individual can’t be cited for this, they as a club should be reprimanded.

If I was Robbie Crawford, I’d be expecting my employers to be taking this to the SFA and looking for them to be asking Partick for an explanation as to why they think this sort of behaviour is appropriate from their club’s official social media channels.

I detest Lasagne. I can only assume that they serve it because their supporters slaver it down the front of their replica tops and as lasagne is basically red and yellow, it doesn’t show the stains as much. What a disgustingly low quality offering to serve up at hospitality. It’s just a disgusting mess for people who don’t appreciate good food. I’d be demanding my money back, not that I’d ever pay money to these charlatans.

I’m actually going to hospitality at our cup tie on the 21st (a freebie due to DumfriesTon’s work) so will be interesting to see how that compares - what do they serve when lunch starts about 10:30? Hopefully it won’t be fecking lasagne…

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I didn't see the Tweet but it seems to have been deleted now.

C60D2DDA-C5C8-4726-9B82-D32BB0D632A6.jpeg
It’ll be this one. Partick have obviously thought better of having this sort of stuff out in the public domain so it would be a real shame if it was shared far and wide.

Bunch of reptiles.

Incidentally, surely the ref had to either award the penalty or book Crawford for diving in that incident? There wasn’t really any kind of “natural” contact or momentum that’d have resulted in him going down, so it’s either a foul or a dive.

And seeing as the ref did not adjudge it to be a dive then Morton should indeed be entitled to object to that horrible rabble’s gurning.

AWMSC

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

C60D2DDA-C5C8-4726-9B82-D32BB0D632A6.jpeg
It’ll be this one. Partick have obviously thought better of having this sort of stuff out in the public domain so it would be a real shame if it was shared far and wide.

Their admin must’ve been looking the other way when Graham did a “blatant dive” in the first half. Can’t seem to see any mention of it in their feed. 

Archived