Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (7th December) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (7th December)

Admin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt that goal was coming.  Not happy with the way we seemed content to just stand off and let them have the ball in the second half.  When we did get the ball, we were pretty wasteful with it and misplaced a lot of passes.  Gutted to lose a late goal like that but we probably got what we deserved.  Will need to see a replay of their PK but it looked soft to me at the time

bad day at the office and our unbeaten run ends.  Let’s start a new one beginning next week - onwards and upwards.

Set piece defending becoming a bit of an issue it seems recently. I never feel confident about it anymore. 

Sore one to lose so late on, after getting back in to the game. Loss of momentum from lack of home games and call offs now. Next week against Hamilton is a must win. 

Hopefully get a strike run next week as Muirhead was off it today and we ha dno options on the bench at all. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Imrie might be in a bit of bother after heading on to the pitch at FT to confront Graham. 

Only if he didn't snap Graham's cruciate ligament. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Referee was absolutely shocking however we deserved nothing from that today. Could see the goal coming.

Brian Graham is a horrible cunt and so is Ian McCall. Partick are a horrible bastard of a football club. Pleased to see some of the players (Grimshaw) and Imrie show they're frustration at full time. Someone should have taken Graham on during the game but instead he was let away with murder by our own players and the Referee.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Not the best day at the office, but once again we’ve been shafted by rotten officiating.

I think we maybe had the McGrattan/Miller choices the wrong way round, in that we’d have been better off with what McGrattan offers for the bulk of the game with Miller coming on later on to try to get in behind Partick when the spaces started to open up. As it was, McGrattan coming on meant we weren’t able exploit those spaces and struggled to get up the pitch times. We could, dare I say, have done with Lewis McGregor’s pace and directness in the latter stages. 

We desperately need another striker too, a different type of player to Muirhead, and an alternative to Quitongo that can actually create and score goals in sometime approaching a semi-regular basis. We’re far too toothless and predictable in attack (and at times I think you could argue that that’s partly due to Dougie’s choices to some extent or other), and if we don’t resolve that then there’s a fair chance our draws and narrow wins could start turning to defeats more regularly as time goes on, just like it did today.

We’re a long way from that being the case, of course, we were going to lose eventually after so long without doing so, and the indications all point to more new arrivals coming in so there’s no real cause for alarm, but nonetheless today’s game was a stark reminder of what’s missing and, in a roundabout way, just how well we’ve been doing to be where we are.

In other news, I hope Brian Graham steps on a plug every morning for the rest of his life. A truly loathsome character at a club where he fits in perfectly.

AWMSC

Really hope we see a new striker sooner rather than later. Muirhead and Jai( who waa brilliant 1st half)both fcuked with 20 mins to go but unfortunately no one on the bench available to replace them. They had the option of bringing on Mullen and Dowds, we need something similar.

Run was going to come to an end eventually. Important we bounce back next week.

Good crowd from us today, missed the announcement, many did we have?

We were pretty shit and Scwhake had a bit of a nightmare. Fucked up for the cross leading to corner for the goal. 

Referee was abysmal. Every week we seem to have a stonewaller denied. The fact Brian Graham remained on the pitch was a complete disgrace. Dived and continuous elbows, leading to Efe coming off. He's a wanker who deliberately injures player. Fucking dick of a man. 

Someone needs to inflict a career ending injury on that thug Graham. He more than deserves it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I never liked Graham when he was with us for his frequent use of the elbow and if anything he's got woŕse over the years. For some reason refs seem blind to it and the punishment rarely fìts the crime. 

Disappointing afternoon giving that gang anything but we clearly ďidnt do enough during the 90.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I thought Lyon’s loan was until end of January.

If I remember it's the 8th of January that his loan was up. Remember reading it somewhere. 

Not sure how reliable the data on transfermark is but they him back at Cappielow 

Screenshot_2023-01-07-18-36-10-660-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Archived