Happy Dougie Day - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Happy Dougie Day

Jamie_M

Literally came on here to post that video. Just stunning - and as BWB says what a piece of work from whoever put it together. Even the music's totally on point. It's truly inspiring to watch that. What a difference a year makes - and what a great time to be a Morton supporter. Absolutely buzzing after seeing that.

That video is absolutely fucking brilliant.  Full credit to the commercial department for pulling this together. I'd love to see a 'behind the scenes' documentary like arsenal and City did. Probably other priorities at the moment. 

Love the team, love Dougie and fucking love Greenock Morton.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

It's not even much of an achievement when you look at many of the managers we've had in that time period, but he's pretty comfortably the best manager the club have had since Tommy McLean left in 1984. It's amazing the difference a good manager can make to a whole club.

We are now in alien territory as Morton fans in actually having to worry that a bigger club might come in for a manager, but let's just enjoy having Imrie while it lasts. Hopefully the constant whining of other sides about how nasty and streetwise and anti-football Morton (with an average height of about 5'8) are puts off clubs who are obsessed with some shitey philosophy of passing it about at the back like a Johansson team.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Great reminder on how much influence having the right people with the right motivation doing the job. No more apologies about us as a team, a town or a fanbase just a belief that doing the simple things correctly will pay dividends.

Married to this is a new found confidence from MCT as they find their feet and move on from the hesitant steps/missteps that marked the earliest days of the new regime. The Dalrada deal seems to have breathed new confidence the club and this is rubbing off into all aspects of the off field activity.

All in all after 20 years of false dawns, low expectations and relative misery, it suddenly feels good to see progress.

Well done to Dougie and all the other unsung heroes for their effort and commitment.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Hogmanay to Morton supporters everywhere. I can't remember the last time I downed my first pint of the last day of the year with so much optimism for the team I've loved for 40 years. So much hope. So much potential.

Mon the Ton.

All the best for 2023.

Archived