Bryan Purdue - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bryan Purdue

I knew he'd been unwell recently but this still comes as a massive shock. Brian was the consummate Morton fan, both online and off. He was absolutely invaluable to have around as a moderator (and commiserator, during our near-limitless defeats and dramas) back when I ran this forum, and I'm proud to have called him a friend. Despite his condition he made the absolute most of his life, even living independently while still being in touch with his family. And, of course, he loved Morton.

My thoughts are with his family.

EOho8Pw.png

Horrendous news. I hope Bryan was as proud to count me as friend as I am to count him, and I’ll miss him badly, like we all will.

He was a smashing guy, may he rest in peace, and I hope his family are informed as to how popular he was amongst the Morton support.

He was genuinely one of those guys who made you proud to be a branch.

So sad to hear that Bryan has passed away. His cheerfulness in adversity was a lesson to all of us and I always enjoyed his chats when I was up at Scapa. My thoughts are obviously with his family and I hope they will recognise the admiration and affection we had for a great Morton man. 

RIP big guy.

Shocked to hear this terrible news.  I hope Bryan will be honoured with a minute’s silence/applause at our next home game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Another familiar face moves on. Bryan was almost always amazingly upbeat with a passion for Morton and all things football related. He will be sorely missed around the place. Hopefully if there is a parallel alternative out there he will be dancing around at a full Cappielow. RIP.

Very sad news indeed.  I did not know Bryan personally but he was a well known face around the club and on the various incarnations of this forum over the years.  I enjoyed reading his blogs and have a lot of admiration for the bravery he showed, as well as his work raising awareness & money for DMD.

Sincere condolences to his family and all who were close to him.  As others have said, I hope the club do something to commemorate him.

Really sad news. I didn't know Bryan personally but spoke to him a few times through the forum. Clearly loved our club and team. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Very sad to hear this. Whilst I didn't know him personally I knew him well through Twitter etc.

Thoughts are with the family.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 1 month later...

Archived