Cup draw - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cup draw

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DreamOakTree said:

Does this mean the only way to purchase a ticket is to walk into Smiths and buy a paper ticket?

You say that as if the club haven’t been communicating ticketing arrangements to make it as easy as possible for folk for about a fortnight, now.

33 minutes ago, Toby said:

You say that as if the club haven’t been communicating ticketing arrangements to make it as easy as possible for folk for about a fortnight, now.

I’ll admit I’ve left it a bit late to check, but did think I’d be able to buy online. I live not far from Celtic Park but this means I’d need to go down to Smiths and back up and hope there are tickets left if I want to go to the game. Seems a bit unusual in this high tech day and age, no?

Just now, DreamOakTree said:

I’ll admit I’ve left it a bit late to check, but did think I’d be able to buy online. I live not far from Celtic Park but this means I’d need to go down to Smiths and back up and hope there are tickets left if I want to go to the game. Seems a bit unusual in this high tech day and age, no?

It doesn’t seem unusual at all, no. Celtic have issued physical tickets for Morton to distribute, and Morton have, at various points communicated to their fans that they would make arrangements for out of towners. The first of those was scuppered by the Ayr postponement, but they still said they’d do what they could to accommodate folk. I really don’t know what you’re looking for, here?

There’s a bit of responsibility to be taken by the customer too- if reasonable arrangements are put in place, as they were for a considerable period, it’s more of a you problem than a Morton problem if you can’t get a ticket you had ample opportunity to get by calling up Cappielow and paying for a ticket to get posted out to you. They publish their office hours on a weekly basis.

You’re actively looking for something to complain about when there’s nothing there.

52 minutes ago, Toby said:

It doesn’t seem unusual at all, no. Celtic have issued physical tickets for Morton to distribute, and Morton have, at various points communicated to their fans that they would make arrangements for out of towners. The first of those was scuppered by the Ayr postponement, but they still said they’d do what they could to accommodate folk. I really don’t know what you’re looking for, here?

There’s a bit of responsibility to be taken by the customer too- if reasonable arrangements are put in place, as they were for a considerable period, it’s more of a you problem than a Morton problem if you can’t get a ticket you had ample opportunity to get by calling up Cappielow and paying for a ticket to get posted out to you. They publish their office hours on a weekly basis.

You’re actively looking for something to complain about when there’s nothing there.

Yeah I suppose I’ve been a bit lazy about it. Sprained my back on Christmas Eve and have been in agony and haven’t really been concentrating since then. Just back at work today and I checked this plus Scotland v England and Spain tickets, which I also lost out on. Usually go to all the home games but sod it! Nobody to blame but myself as you say! 😭

27 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Can't wait for the "THEYRE NOT IN THEIR SEATS" when everyone sits where they want

People who only paid for restricted view should take their seats. Otherwise, free for all. Job done. 

EOho8Pw.png

On 1/12/2023 at 9:37 PM, Toby said:

Except they didn't do anything to help out-of-towners at all. They sent the tickets to Smiths to sell immediately after the pre-sale and they can't send tickets by post supposedly. So the only options for non-season ticket holders was to either go to Smiths or go in the Celtic end.

They did it far better the last time - I got tickets delivered directly from the club for a nominal additional fee and all was good. 

Mon the Ton

I spoke to the club because I'm an 'out of towner' and they were really helpful. Due to postal strikes and various other shithousery that is well outside of the club's control, they put my tickets aside for me and I collected them the other day. They would have posted them out but we're very clear that I was totally responsible should they not arrive in time. Again, I think that's fair enough. GMFC aren't responsible for these things.

It's all well and good to bash the club but I don't think on this particular occasion they could have done much more. 

24 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Except they didn't do anything to help out-of-towners at all. They sent the tickets to Smiths to sell immediately after the pre-sale and they can't send tickets by post supposedly. So the only options for non-season ticket holders was to either go to Smiths or go in the Celtic end.

They did it far better the last time - I got tickets delivered directly from the club for a nominal additional fee and all was good. 

Postal strikes aren't the club's fault. 

EOho8Pw.png

16 hours ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Hopefully still some tickets left when I'm back up on Wednesday 🤞 I've left it way to late but wonder how much we were allocated if we have sold 2000.

Still not got mine either due to being out of town. Saw someone said on the Facebook group it's restricted view only that's left.

14 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Stoll not got mine either due to being out of town. Saw someone said on the Facebook group it's restricted view only that's left.

This is correct.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived