Cup draw - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cup draw

On 11/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Toby said:

No, it doesn’t kick in until the semi finals. It’s only at that point (with both ties at Hampden) that they can guarantee the facilities across every tie.

Hold the back pages, but it appears that I may actually be wrong about something.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm against VAR on principle, but given the beggars got awarded a penalty for a foul that was about five yards outside the box to seal the match for them on my last visit, scrutiny of rancid refereeing decisions is to be welcomed. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I'm against VAR on principle, but given the beggars got awarded a penalty for a foul that was about five yards outside the box to seal the match for them on my last visit, scrutiny of rancid refereeing decisions is to be welcomed. 

At the same time though, their behaviour since the introduction of VAR has been despicable, designed to intimidate officials by ramping up the perception that there’s an agenda against them more than ever before, making it as difficult as possible for referees to apply the laws of the game regardless of what technology they have to help themselves out.

Of course, that’s on the officials to be stronger, but you can’t bank on that either.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

What sort of money do Morton stand to make from this match? Split of gate plus TV payment?

In 2017 the TV payments for live games was cut from £82,500 to £32,500 in order that there’s a more equal share across the ties.

I can’t find a more recent figure than that, but as far as I’m aware we’re entitled to around 35% of gate receipts, to account for the costs of hosting the game that they’ll incur.

Glad to see the tie is being televised, and especially glad that it seems to have upset the fans of other provincial clubs. I totally understand their complaints, but if the broadcasters have been prepared to show Celtic and Rangers’ ties against shite like Stirling Albion, Clyde, Airdrie and Raith Rovers, then damn right they can line our pockets with silver.

Start spreading it around after Morton have benefitted.

Not sure how well this guy knows his stuff, but it looks like we’ll be entitled to £24,000 in TV revenue and if we lose at this stage, a £19,500 exit fee.

He’s listed Morton as being entitled to only £19,500 but the only clubs that he’s listed that are entitled to £43,500 in total are the seven others who are appearing on the telly in this round so assume it was a mistake.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I don't think there's one right or wrong way of doing this but having an in-ground pre-sale, then a pre-sale for MCT members and season ticket holders, then general sale, seems fair enough to me

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I don't think there's one right or wrong way of doing this but having an in-ground pre-sale, then a pre-sale for MCT members and season ticket holders, then general sale, seems fair enough to me

Will be in the queue on Monday for tickets as an out of towner and a season ticket holder, but how are they going to police this? Will I need evidence of living outwith Inverclyde?

25 minutes ago, centralTON said:

Will be in the queue on Monday for tickets as an out of towner and a season ticket holder, but how are they going to police this? Will I need evidence of living outwith Inverclyde?

That is a good question but I'm hopeful that there won't be enough locals who chance their arm that this is necessary. It's massively unlikely that the out-of-towners number more than a few hundred. Even if every last one of them buys three tickets, that leaves a ton left over.

Of course there's tons of shibboleths they could employ, should they so choose. If anyone's stopped calling it slice, for example, they should be denied a ticket (and also banned.)

EOho8Pw.png

9 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Of course there's tons of shibboleths they could employ, should they so choose. If anyone's stopped calling it slice, for example, they should be denied a ticket (and also banned.)

Also the case if West Blackhall Street is pronounced anything other that 'westblack-hall'

10 hours ago, centralTON said:

how are they going to police this? 

They likely won't.

They probably would just rather not do the full sale on Monday rather than covering out of towners then up the road.

I doubt we will sell out our allocation, however much it is, but I do wonder why any non-season ticket holder/non-MCT member who is attending the Ayr game, would wait until after the season ticket holder/MCT member sales windows before purchasing rather than joining the queue on Monday just in case.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They likely won't.

They probably would just rather not do the full sale on Monday rather than covering out of towners then up the road.

I doubt we will sell out our allocation, however much it is, but I do wonder why any non-season ticket holder/non-MCT member who is attending the Ayr game, would wait until after the season ticket holder/MCT member sales windows before purchasing rather than joining the queue on Monday just in case.

The fact they've said "a limited number" for out of towners suggests to me they're only going to be selling a couple of hundred max on Monday, when our allocation is pretty much going to be as big as we need it to be. If they've given us say 1000 initially and the club has demand for several thousand more they'll probably give us it when the home end isn't going to be half full.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Presume that today's game isn't in doubt or it'll be over-the-phone orders for non-locals.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived