Cup draw - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cup draw

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really hoping for an easy draw against one of the minnows, or as a second choice wouldn’t have minded st mirren.  In lieu of either of the above happening, this is pretty much the next best thing we could have hoped for.  A return to a happy hunting ground for Efe and the gaffer, and hopefully a nice wee payday.  I would take this over a championship or league 1 side any day.

Mixed feelings on this one. I'd prefer a easily winnable tie with the chance of a big draw to follow, but we're as likely to draw Ross Cty away in the 5th round. At least the guarantee of a better than average pay day is consolation although the chance of winning is remote but possible. 

Likely a Sunday lunchtime kick-off in front of a rotten crowd.

Underwhelmed at this draw.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Would always prefer a run but got to be at least a 6 figure sum coming in from that? Keeping and strengthening the squad for a real run at the league or play-offs a real possibility. Also I reckon there'll still be a decent crowd (especially after listening to the point made about season ticket holders there made on Cornetto this week) and there's always a chance of something special, albeit a very slim one.

4 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Hope so, Saturday I'm on a big silver bird 😟

Should've said "under". 😋

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wanted the easiest draw possible but this was comfortably 2nd choice from a financial perspective.

Celtic had 26k against Raith last season, I'd expect a similar crowd for this one, im sure we will take at least 1500. Expect it will be on TV also which is more funds i believe. Would imagine the board/MCT are absolutely buzzing with this one.

Could well be a pumping but getting 6 figures in the bank will allow Dougie to go and pick 2/3 quality players in Jan and really cement top 4 at an absolute minimum.

Slim chance of an upset but a chance nonetheless. Pay day it is.

Could see us keep Grimshaw and add one or two bodies in January. End of the day, this is the best league campaign we've seen in my lifetime (even better than when Thistle pipped us). I'd rather we pushed the boat out and gave ourselves a right good chance of doing something whether it's winning this fucker or being in the play offs.

I'm sure Dougie will also be relishing this tie, it's a chance to prove himself against the best team in the country. We have nothing to lose.

Archived