The Morton Meltdown Thread - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton Meltdown Thread

Toby

It's been an enjoyable few weeks to be a Morton fan, as we all know. The season may unravel though, and we could end up toiling in midtable or in a relegation battle, so it's best we enjoy those nice moments when they come along.

In my humble opinion though, one of the great positives about being a Morton fan is that it means you don't support such rotten clubs as Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Inverness etc.

Therefore, let me introduce the Morton Meltdown Thread- a thread dedicated to the moans and grumbles of fans of such shit clubs (this isn't solely dedicated to the four mentioned above, all foes' contributions are welcome) when joy, or merely a good result comes our way.

Nobody can surely forget the whining last season of the Partick fan who complained that Robbie Muirhead's goal celebration undermined his teachings to his brood, which sets an extremely high benchmark, but this week has provided a few belters from our pals in Maryhill, but also in Falkirk and Paisley, as I noted from a Pie and Bovril thread on Twitter last night.

Twitter and Pie and Bovril are of course likely to provide the most content for this thread, but I'd like to see a comprehensive list of grumbles from elsewhere in Scottish football about how shit Cappielow is, how the Morton fans are deluded arseholes, how long throw ins should be banned, how we've got no fans compared to other clubs who are floundering below us and many more.

I'll include one belter from the weekend that many will have seen to kick us off, but please include your own favourites and hopefully this thread can provide us with many moments to look back on in years to come.

I fucking love it.  :thumbup2:

Even if its not raining, we should have a collection for the local Fire Brigade to hose down the WDE with a couple of thousand gallons of water the next time that shower are in town.  Just to piss them right off.

I would even go as far as making the stewards to make them stand down off the benches or eject them if they didn't comply.

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

If anyone fancies digging out the dozen or so tear-stained tweets from St Mirren fans after O'Ware's throat-cutting celebration I'd be much obliged. 

On that note, I fucking love how much our team milk celebrations now. Absolute GIRUY moments. That's a sign of real togetherness.

A team of right bastards and I'm loving every moment of it right now.

Someone must have the raging pars fans trying to storm hospitality photo.

Also remember a few seasons ago a daft Ayr fan trying to fight with the shed on the last day of the season. I'm pretty sure he got banjoed and his team were relegated.

Oh and ps- fuck the Maryhill lovelies. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

50 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Someone must have the raging pars fans trying to storm hospitality photo.

Also remember a few seasons ago a daft Ayr fan trying to fight with the shed on the last day of the season. I'm pretty sure he got banjoed and his team were relegated.

Oh and ps- fuck the Maryhill lovelies. 

The Ayr game was a three way dog fight for survival, play-offs and relegation (Ayr, us and Airdrie United). We were briefly one goal away from going bottom, but it was very satisfying to score two late goals and relegate that lot.

The "fight" was one Ton fan going over to the WDE to gloat and an Ayr fan chasing after him on the pitch (which took a "he's behind you" from the Cowshed to make him realise).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 3 months later...

First point they have taken off us this season. Bunch of amateurs…

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived