A message from the Board - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A message from the Board

Jamie_M

57 minutes ago, Madton said:

Wonder if we are planning something similar to Ayr's new onsite pub.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-uniteds-new-sports-bar-26220009#amp-readmore-target

I drive down to games but if we had a facility selling food and stuff pre match, I would def go with my boy.

Ayr’s new set up is brilliant. Granted they have more space, but a big indoor area for food and drink, and a decent sized beer garden! They must make a decent bit of income out of a space that was doing nothing before 

4 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

When MacKinnon was still about he said to me and Gavin Mac that the club was looking at acquiring that land (and potentially the Norseman) and developing a social club/commercial space. Somewhere that can be used on match days as well as being available to the community to let would be a really positive move and a welcome extra revenue stream.

Aye, there's architectural plans for it all. Started when Hawke was in charge although that was using some of the gym so maybe changed slightly. 

Has to be said, after a pretty shaky start, MCT are really starting to turn things around both on and off the pitch. Taking a punt on a young ambitious manager with no previous experience, as opposed to yet another old duffer still trying to eek out a living from the game, has turned out to be a masterstroke.

Exciting times to be a Ton fan! Can't remember the last time I said that. Huge credit goes to all involved.

4 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Has to be said, after a pretty shaky start, MCT are really starting to turn things around both on and off the pitch. Taking a punt on a young ambitious manager with no previous experience, as opposed to yet another old duffer still trying to eek out a living from the game, has turned out to be a masterstroke.

Exciting times to be a Ton fan! Can't remember the last time I said that. Huge credit goes to all involved.

Yep.  I've been constantly critical but great strides have certainly been made on and off the park.  Long may it continue.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived