A message from the Board - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A message from the Board

Jamie_M

Great stuff. The ticketing has been slow to move but if we're now scheduled to have a superior system in place for 2023-24, that's fine by me.

Wonder what we'll do with the land, giant statue of Dougie aside.

EOho8Pw.png

This is really promising stuff. There's a feeling that the club is moving in the right direction off the pitch and that would have been a totally ridiculous concept as recently as 2 years ago.

Getting a managerial appointment right and seeing good results on the park can change so much of the feeling at a club and lead to people turning a blind eye to negatives or overstating positives, but it can also overshadow good work behind the scenes. I really think MCT and the club board deserve a lot of credit for how things are going now.

The Dalrada deal is increasingly looking like a game changer for the club and it's something that would simply never have happened with Golden Casket in charge. We'll see in time what they have in mind for land on Sinclar Street, but the idea that the Raes could even conceive of capital expenditure on the area around Cappielow to generate revenue would have been laughable. The speed at which we've gone from 20 years of neglect to improvements in every area is really commendable.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

No idea what the size of the land is actually like behind there but even some sort of match day fan experience like marquees with tables, chairs and a bar in it would ideal. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

When MacKinnon was still about he said to me and Gavin Mac that the club was looking at acquiring that land (and potentially the Norseman) and developing a social club/commercial space. Somewhere that can be used on match days as well as being available to the community to let would be a really positive move and a welcome extra revenue stream.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Think it has to be, can't see that there's much that could be done with the embankment between the shed and Arnold Clark.

Reckon the only possible use of the embankment would be for driving piling in if they were to build a cantilever roof for the shed. With them saying it’s at Sinclair St, though, it definitely sounds like the bit between the Norseman and the wee gym.

Me and a few mates have said for a while that taking over the Norseman as part of an asset for the club would be a massive step.

I'd be there at 1pm before a match if it was actually any good and in the same turn it would be making us money. 

Positive steps and very pleased to see the progress on and off the pitch, let's hope the momentum continues. Brighter times ahead that's for sure.

I don’t think it’s the lane behind the Norseman as a fire escape comes out there and I believe it may also be a shared right of access with Arnold Clark (there’s a gate at the end of it leading onto their lot).

There is a fairly large bit of waste ground between the Lane, the gym and the embankment behind the shed so I’m thinking it might be this piece of land.

18A2D1C7-9302-4BD0-9B38-204C6E1CD6A6.jpeg

The fact that we are even talking about this is testament to what becomes possible with having a vision for the club rather than 20 years of hobbyist ownership. Undoubtably the involvement of Dalrada has been significant but the Board who has  correctly been under scrutiny gets praise where it's due.

No idea what the best use of this area will be but the opportunity to deliver an additional income stream can only be good for the club and may convince a few more locals that things are genuinely changing on and off the field.

24 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

I don’t think it’s the lane behind the Norseman as a fire escape comes out there and I believe it may also be a shared right of access with Arnold Clark (there’s a gate at the end of it leading onto their lot).

There is a fairly large bit of waste ground between the Lane, the gym and the embankment behind the shed so I’m thinking it might be this piece of land.

18A2D1C7-9302-4BD0-9B38-204C6E1CD6A6.jpeg

Pretty sure that's the exact bit the posts above are referring to.

The bit between the gym and Norseman could be about right for a proper Morton social club. Norseman will go the way of Rangers but no loss there tbh.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Pretty sure that's the exact bit the posts above are referring to.

Going by the map it’s a fairly decent size.  I had thought it would be about the same size as the gym but it looks like it is closer in size to the footprint of the Norseman.

The correct course of action is obviously to buy the Norseman, and the land between it & the gym, and the area between the back of the shed & Arnold Clark, then build a series of walkways connecting the new improved Norseman directly to the Cowshed via the new adjacent beer garden. Half-time access compulsory.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived