Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November)

Admin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The small details, eh?

Improved attendance, +3 in the bag, Partick tears and snotters and some quality content. Being able to get that out on social media quick after a victory with a spring in everyone's step can only be a good thing for the club.

The Efe backflip vid has close to 60k views. Good quality content and great exposure for the club.

We move.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Thought replacing Mcgrattan with Kabia caused a massive drop in performance. Not sure why it was done as for me if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Not so much a criticism of Kabia as an appreciation of what Mcgrattan brings to the team. The winning goal was a superb move and what a finish from Blues. He has improved dramatically under Imrie and in particular he has a knack of arriving in the area at the right time. At times seems more striker than midfielder.

We are actually in serious danger of winning this league. Lack of squad depth might stymie us but we are right up there with the leaders and we have momentum. What a job Dougie is doing. What a job this squad is doing.

Has McColl been sacked yet?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Why are the sound and the action out of sync again?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Is Gillespie serving a suspension next week? 

Yep. Got his sixth yellow last week and it's a fourteen day grace period before the suspension kicks in, so he misses the Cove game.

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Why are the sound and the action out of sync again?

The sync problem is annoying. I just turned the sound off after the first couple of chances.

But watching it back, we were absolutely superb. Watching it at the time I thought we were good and worth our lead, and worth the win, but thought it was close-fought. But now, watching it again, other than Thistle's two gilt-edged chances, it's clear that we were absolutely dominant and our passing and moving was far better than theirs. 2-1 only tells some of the story. 

For the winning goal, the tenacity in midfield is something that few teams in this division will manage.

Finally, it's amazing to see the shed full again. In September I made it to two games at Cappielow, my first since 2019; I'll make it to at least once more before the season ends, and I hope it'll be a great crowd again that day.

EOho8Pw.png

12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

First goal is up

Also, it took me until about the tenth view on this (out of about 3,000) to notice the Nigerian flag at the back of the shed. Well done to whoever brought that sacred cloth.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Is it just the one game he misses?

Yes; for these six-yellow league suspensions, you miss one game the first time it happens in a season (as is the case for Gillespie.) If you get another six yellows, you then miss two games. And so on.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Yes; for these six-yellow league suspensions, you miss one game the first time it happens in a season (as is the case for Gillespie.) If you get another six yellows, you then miss two games. And so on.

Will we see Grimshaw move into midfield and Pignatiello back into right back in his absence? 

8 hours ago, Scott said:

Will we see Grimshaw move into midfield and Pignatiello back into right back in his absence? 

I'd expect the defence to be left alone and Pignatiello to go straight into midfield for Gillespie.

He's not going to be able to dictate things the way Gillespie can whereas Grimshaw might be able to contribute more with the ball at his feet, but I don't see Imrie wanting to disrupt a defence conceding so few goals. Pignatiello should still be able to do the defensive job better than any of the other options like putting King in, or bringing Kabia in to move Crawford deeper and McGrattan into the middle (which would disrupt the whole midfield and attack rather than just the one position).

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived