Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November)

Admin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance all round and just picking it up after conceding and the players will to win is amazing to watch. 

Motm Muirhead for me. Effort was unreal. He's capable of a wonder goal but was back covering when needed too. 

Also could have had 3 pens too. Only one borderline for me. 

Och aye - we've been really unlucky to lose the last few hundert games on the bounce, but that's fitba. Did I ever show you how our latte-drinking fans pout when they're putting their cravats on before they go out on a Saturday night 'we've been fuckin' troosered again' misery-fest ?

pt.png

Best thing about that video for me is watching Gllespie's delighted face as he looks on at the backflips. The team spirit is so plain to see, and we've got Dougie to thank for that.

Efe Ambrose. The only gold-medal gymnast to win whilst smoking a huge fuckoff stogie. Pure class.

Fuck Paris, Lisbon, New York, Athens, Berlin, Barcelona, Vancouver, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Brussels, Vienna, Sydney, Los Angeles, Stockholm, Reykjavik, Helsinki, Rome, Istanbul and Copenhagen.

Greenock should host the next Olympics at Cappielow.

3 hours ago, irnbru said:

Great performance all round and just picking it up after conceding and the players will to win is amazing to watch. 

Motm Muirhead for me. Effort was unreal. He's capable of a wonder goal but was back covering when needed too. 

Also could have had 3 pens too. Only one borderline for me. 

Jai as well. I mean everyone got stuck in today but I was struck by how often Jai was tracking back. Thistle barely had a sniff out wide today on both sides.

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Jai as well. I mean everyone got stuck in today but I was struck by how often Jai was tracking back. Thistle barely had a sniff out wide today on both sides.

Aye they all run and cover and do what's needed for the team. I love them. 

37 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Speaking of that rancid outfit not having a sniff on the sides of the pitch, Grimshaw was tremendous today in open play (general air crash investigation unit pending, for everyone who might have been involved in that daft equaliser). He must have had a dozen runs at him during the game and won eleven of them comfortably. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Seeing that celebration from Robbie - it's a million years away from the Robbie we had just before Dougie took over (the humping from ICT in particular). Can't understate the impact that the manager has had on the team.

I thought we were made to work harder for that than for the point at Ayr last week. Referee was brutal and we should have had at least one penalty - you actually wonder if fouls on Jai in the box are ignored on purpose.

The celebrations from the players on hearing full-time made that even more special for me.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Still buzzing after that. Real character to come back after losing a pretty shit goal. Defence just seemed to go missing. 

I thought Dougie made a mistake bringing off McGrattan. We were comfortable up until he came off and as soon as Kabia came on, we seemed to lose the control we had. But we dug in and what a great 2nd goal. 

Grimshaw's best game for us, Ambrose again looking like a great bit of business, Gillespie was great, Crawford's pressing is a joke guy just never stops. Thought Quitongo was fantastic but Strapp was colossal. What a player he is. Got to enjoy him while we can as he'll be off in the summer to earn the big money. 

I fucking love Dougie Imrie. The turnaround since that 5-1 pumping v ICT under Gus is incredible. With him in charge and the addition of another centre forward in January then we've got a right good chance of going up. 

We should have been at least 3-0 up at half-time there, even discounting the penalty appeals. We destroyed them out wide with Strapp and Grimshaw both having great games, Milne in particular had no idea how to cope with Quitongo until he realised he could foul him with impunity. I was worried we were going to be punished for how wasteful we were and we didn't look nearly as much like opening them up regularly in the second half.

Fitzpatrick being a greedy bastard when they broke at 2-1 was a huge letoff, but we got what we deserved in the end.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

40 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

I fucking love Dougie Imrie. The turnaround since that 5-1 pumping v ICT under Gus is incredible.  

Did you leave early and miss a goal? Can't say I'd have blamed you. 😜

Also Gus was away by that time, but it was essentially his team.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We must have or at least be very close to having the most accumulated points in the league since Dougie took over. Absolutely incredible job from everyone at the club. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

44 minutes ago, port-ton said:

We must have or at least be very close to having the most accumulated points in the league since Dougie took over. Absolutely incredible job from everyone at the club. 

Saw this on twitter.

Most points in 2022.

Ayr won their last game of 2021 while we drew Dougie's first game, so Ayr currently pip us on goal difference on the 'since Dougie was appointed' table.

20221113_143612.jpg

Archived