Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (12th November)

Admin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez-O. At 1-1 I thought that the Partick Bogeymen had struck again, but a good result in the end. It’s a shame that Ayr didn’t slip on the Hamilton banana skin as it looked like they might. Another stroll from Efe and another cracking finish from Cameron Blues. Well done boys.

Only turned up for the first 20 and last 15 minutes. Pleased with the turnaround in the 2nd half as they were starting to pen us in and it looked like we'd be hanging on for a point. 

Ambrose strolled it to MOTM again, but you don't half get the fear when he starts trying to dribble about with the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I fucking love Dougie and this team.

This, Just this. We didn't play well in the 2nd half at all, but the depth of character shown by the team to grind out a win was something that we've rarely seen in recent years. And a special word for Cammy. He's had his fair share of critics, but when he get a chance in the box he rarely misses. Unsung hero IMO. 

Such an important 3 points to keep the good run going. Thought they looked honking but scored with the first clear chance they had. 

Our second goal was superb great cross from strapp and excellent finish from blues. For all the stick he gets I actually think he is one of the best finishers at the club. 

Ambrose strolled it yet again my MOTM was actually Crawford the amount of work he does and the amount he runs is tremendous he has been a really smart signing by Dougie. 

The turnaround Dougie has made in just under a year has been nothing short of sensational but he always keeps the team so grounded which in this league is so important. 

Had years of utter pish at Morton and things I think are starting to really look good. 

Thought Grimshaw was solid today. Crawford got through a power of work and hats off to Gillespie, he has really led this team. Efe great again, Blues with the finish when it was important and Strapp does as strapp does.

Team look tired but Dougie clearly has them ready to sacrifice for each other. Could have actually been comfortable has their keeper not made 2 brilliant saves. Loving this team. 

Strapp was absolutely magnificent today. You could tell from the first minute he was right up for it, and he borderline humiliated that number 11 for the entire game. 

It must be really difficult to play against Lewis in that form, there’s such an assurance and composure about him mixed with exceptionally well-measured aggression, it’s almost like there’s an aura around him at times and you can see opponents quickly realising they don’t fancy their chances. 

Some boy. We’re very fortunate to have him.

AWMSC

It's instilled in you to fear the worst as a Morton fan. Dougie Imrie and this side are single handedly making me relish Saturdays. 

Muirhead and Blues, what a transformation. Robbie looks twice the player and his attitude rubs off on the support. Looking more and more like a leader every week.

Ambrose could be signing of the season. What a piece of business. He just strolls through games, hardly breaks a sweat. You could see the fear in the opposition strikers today when he pressed them. 

MON THE FUCKIN TON!

Fantastic win!

Great finish from Efe and Blues. The ball from Strapp for the second was perfect. Blues is possibly one of the best first time finishers at the club, more of the same please Cammy 👏🏻

I think the quality of Crawford has went under the radar since he’s came in. He has been excellent. Gillespie really driving the team on aswell which has been brilliant.

If we can just add a few players to this group I would fancy us being in about the top 3 easy. 

To the board, Please back this manager!! We’ve got something special here so let’s make a proper fucking go of it!

Archived