Cinch Championship player of the month - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cinch Championship player of the month

Awarded to Robbie. No one would have predicted that a year ago, what a transformation. Full credit to Robbie. I don't think it's a coincidence that Robbie's remarkable change of form and attitude coincided with the arrival of Dougie.

https://www.gmfc.net/robbie-muirhead-named-cinch-championship-player-of-the-month-for-september-october/

Obviously Imrie is the main factor to point to in turning players around, but it's worth remembering as well that Hopkin made a big song and dance when he signed about Muirhead being a real number nine and how he'd signed him to play at centre forward, after his previous clubs had shunted him about a lot.

He obviously then proceeded to play him on the wing more often, something which continued under every manager. This is his longest run of consecutive starts at centre forward, the previous being four games in January 2020 under Hopkin, but it's mostly been a couple of games here or there throughout his Morton career. A consistent run is really doing him good.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived