Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (28th October) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (28th October)

Admin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png

We really have to be thinking about cementing a top four spot. Going to Dens and getting a point and smashing all-comers at home is the kind of form that sees you there or thereabouts at the season's end.

One or two injuries and it could all come crashing down. That's the risk of a small squad. But if the lads can stay fit, the sky's the limit.

EOho8Pw.png

What a fucking night that was. Never looked under any real pressure. Not a bad performance. Baird was fantastic as were Crawford and Muirhead. Love this team and Dougie.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

44 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Billy Dodds must be absolutely spewing. From being 2-0 down after four seconds, to thinking at the break he'd got the points on a technicality, to watching his side somehow be even more shite in the second half. What an absolute fucking bumper he is. Get it right round him.

Dougie Imrie straight onto the pitch at full time with big Jai to applaud the Cowshed. What a guy. Best manager we've had in my lifetime, no sweat.

Agree, best manager we're had in fucking yonks. I've actually got a total riddy that I started to doubt him after the Partick game. 

First league game I've been to this season, and what a performance. Lots of good things but Crawford and Gillespie are absolutely tremendous, Crawford may well be the best player we've had in a good few years and the understanding between the two is a match for anyone we're likely to come up against. Big step up in level from Grimshaw too, hadn't been sold on the idea he had came good before tonight even with a solid showing at Dens but we seen the best of him there and long may it continue.

We should build a statue of Imrie now too, it's just unreal the job he's doing and is doing. We were well aware of the solidity and tenacity he's instilled (which is simplifying it) but what we're seeing now is him adding the next level on top of that going forward, some of our attacking play is really excellent and there's a real intelligence to it too. He's the best thing that's happened to this club in my lifetime and we're so, so fortunate to have him. 

AWMSC

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Billy Dodds must be absolutely spewing. From being 2-0 down after four seconds, to thinking at the break he'd got the points on a technicality, to watching his side somehow be even more shite in the second half. What an absolute fucking bumper he is. Get it right round him.

Dodds reckoned his side played okay for the first five to ten minutes of the game though, which is the true moral victory from this encounter. 

Apparently Inverness had a rammy in the changing room at half time and for some inexplicable reason that cunt wasn't on the receiving end of it. They can blame that decision when they're squabbling with Raith for 7th place in April.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, RealTonKid said:

13 points from our last 15

12 goals scored

1 goal conceded

4 clean sheets in-a-row

image.jpeg

Great post - and the stats speak for themselves. Whilst we’ve all consistently bemoaned the lack of a new striker, our defensive solidity has made us bastards to play against - a welcome return to what I’ve always felt has been Morton’s ace in the hole.  A superstar scoring in every game means nothing if the boys at the back are letting through two goals for every one generated upfront. I feel a sense of excitement and anticipation like I haven’t felt in years. Mon the Ton.

Archived