Scottish Cup 3rd Round Draw - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup 3rd Round Draw

dunning1874

4pm today. Everyone in the Championship and League One enters now along with:

Albion Rovers
Dumbarton
Elgin City
Forfar Athletic
Stenhousemuir
Stirling Albion
East Kilbride
OG Broomhill
University of Stirling
Formartine United
Fraserburgh
Wick Academy
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Linlithgow Rose
Sauchie
Dunipace
Auchinleck Talbot
Darvel
Drumchapel United
Pollok or Annan Athletic (playing tonight)

The dream is alive for the all time great tie of Wick away.

I will be incandescent if we end up with shite like Dumbarton away or some horrible bunch of colt supporting scabs playing out a glorified cage like East Kilbride when there are great ties on offer.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

14 teams we've never played before in the draw and we get one we've played 14 times in the last three years.

This is the fourth season in a row Morton and Queen of the South have been drawn together in a cup.

It is at least preferable to drawing another Championship club though, it's winnable.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Boring draw, but who cares if we can get similar in every round all the way to Hampden? It could be easier/more interesting, but it's one we should be winning fairly comfortably whilst  maybe carrying just enough of a potential threat to focus the minds and avoid any risk of complacent creeping in...which is not a thing I'd expect from Dougie's team, to be fair, but still.

Also a good few ties between lower league sides in there, so if we get through this one then I'd happily take one of those at home and hope a few more of them draw each other to be there in the next round again.

If we get through this one, it could maybe allow an extra body or two to come in in January depending on how the draw goes, be it a money-spinner of some sort or one that would give us a huge chance of getting to the next round again and the increased money from that.

AWMSC

Archived