Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (15th October) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (15th October)

Admin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was absolutely fucking glorious. A clear dive for the penalty as well, which was justice done for not getting one in the first half for the most stonewall handball you'll see short of catching it.

That was the first time I've been at a game rather than watching a stream in a good few weeks and my first takeaway from watching in person was how good McGrattan is. It's not even his contribution to that game in itself, although he was the best player on the park, but his first touch, composure under pressure and even defensive positional sense are all what you'd expect from someone with years of experience at this level. He's a player.

There's a huge transformation in this team compared to a month ago. O'Connor is the player Imrie talked about when he signed. Kabia, for all he had frustrating moments today, has taken so much confidence from getting a goal and his workrate his unrecognisable from the player at Firhill. Muirhead is a different player through the middle. Blues made a goal saving tackle with 10 minutes to go. Grimshaw is fit.

It's easy to get carried away with a run of results, much as we were staring at oblivion after three defeats in a row two weeks ago, but a balance in this squad has been found. There might not be enough in attack in this team to maintain a top four challenge but there's no way it's going down.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Definition of scenes. That 80 yard run from Blues to stop a certain Raith goal in the last five minutes was incredible.  Whole Cowshed applauding and cheering as he ran back - not seen that for a tackle before. Quitongo was superb when he came on. Bullied their left back but MOTM was McGrattan or Baird for me. 

Actually think that was our best performance of the season. We dominated the game after the first 20 minutes. 

I hope Gordon Brown is having a shite night. And Ian Murray GIRFUY

Interesting to see the difference in attitude and demeanour between the two managers in the interviews. One of them's objective, focused, respectful, professional and positive, the other one's an entitled, greeting, crabbit pishpot full of excuses and self-pity.

Is that what they mean when they talk about a happy ending?
We’re not the finished article, but the team is gelling. Dealt well with that mutant whale-shagger (who looks like his only ability is to survive in rarified atmospheres). Quitongo changed the game and ran them ragged down the right. We still lack a finisher but this team looks like it could aim for a top four finish.  If we can get three points at Dundee next week, that would be a good indicator.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Another great result. Fair fucks. 3 wins on the bounce will have the confidence sky high.

10 points away from the bottom 2 is a great position to be in and seemed improbable a few weeks ago.

Definitely means we can start looking up, which is just as well seeing as we play each of the 4 teams above us over the next 4 games.

Tough run but nothing to fear. 

I missed the hand ball incident at the time watching the stream but fuck me that's a horrendous decision. 

Still think Jai has played for that penalty and dived but I could not give a single fuck. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

10 hours ago, Madton said:

What is Murray on about, clear pen on Jai, boy all over him.

Totally agree, it's nowhere near the no-contact blatant dive that greetin' faced Murray was claiming. There was very clear contact. Hope the beaks at Hampden throw the book at him for his scurrilous and completely unfounded allegations.

7 hours ago, port-ton said:

I missed the hand ball incident at the time watching the stream but fuck me that's a horrendous decision. 

Still think Jai has played for that penalty and dived but I could not give a single fuck. 

I thought exactly the opposite when watching the stream, it looked like a clear penalty to me, which has now been confirmed on Raith's own footage,

8 hours ago, Madton said:

What is Murray on about, clear pen on Jai, boy all over him.

Lovely stuff. Is there anything better than the lads winding up away fans when we score?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived