Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (15th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (15th October)

Admin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent win!!

Say what you want abiut Quitongo but he out the absolute frighteners on the raith defence from the moment he came in. 

Thought mcgrattan had a good game. Even in first half when we weren't getting hold of the ball he was the one trying to get it down and play. He got stuck in when needed and seems to be getting better with every game he gets in a row. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Partick game was a great reset. 

I said after the game on here that the Partick result felt like a watershed moment for this squad and it felt like things could go one of two ways. 

A result and performance like that after some poor performances before that  could have easily settled us in to a run of defeats and we'd have played out the season like we were still under Gus and battling to finish 9th with no goalscorers and a defence suddenly leaking goals. 

I can't praise Dougie and the team enough for how they've picked things up from then. We look like the team from last season that was hard to beat and knows how to grind out results and that is all that's needed in this league most weeks. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just back from the game. Thought McGratten was excellent today, would be good to see him even more involved. Fantastic covering run back from Blues with about 10 minutes left to stop an almost certain goal from them. Thought we looked better than them but the score line could’ve been 3-2 either way if either side had a bit more composure in front of goal. Quitongo did what he does best when he came on causing real problems although I still didn’t expect him to score. That big Fredrickson is massive and awkward but it’s clear to see why he’s playing in the Scottish Championship and not at a higher level. And yes, noising up a massively seething Raith support after the penalty was magnificent. The margins in this league are so fine it’s ridiculous which makes games like today all the sweeter. Can we keep it going? Yes / why not / don’t know / probably not / highly unlikely….I really have no idea. 

Thought we deserved that. Never created a lot of clear cut chances but we controlled long spells and were the team on the front foot for whole of second half. Schwake has had a very quiet last few games.

Want to see those pen claims back, both looked stonewallers!

Standouts for me were McGrattan, Baird and O'Connor who I thought handled that big giant very well (Heard we were in for him before Raith, glad we missed out.) The centre backs seem to be forming a very decent partnership.

Love seeing our players give it some to the away fans, keep it up.

3 1/2 years since we last won 3 on the trot in league, Dougie and his team deserve enormous credit.

Bring on Dundee.

21 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

He says we dived for the penalty, flat-out. I wasn't watching, so no idea if it's the case or not.

Didn't get to see a replay but the angle of the camera from the cowshed was right behind Quitongo as he ran across the defender and it looked a blatant dive in real time. Glorious. 

32.gif

Every time Murray leaves Cappielow he's having a breakdown of some sort. Absolute fud of a man.

Wonderful stuff.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived