Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October)

Admin

It was a precaution against being sent off - the ref had a lengthy word with him after the celebrations for the fourth and he had an argument with Imrie when he came off as well which seemed to be down to Imrie telling him that was why.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

It was a precaution against being sent off - the ref had a lengthy word with him after the celebrations for the fourth and he had an argument with Imrie when he came off as well which seemed to be down to Imrie telling him that was why.

Imagine bringing a player off in the hope of keeping 11 men on the park and replacing him with Jai Quitongo.

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Good to see that despite the huge improvement in the last two games, Dougie's still raging about the performance at Firhill. 

Absolutely. The response from the players and coaching staff has been tremendous this week, but last Saturday should serve as a reminder of what can happen if standards drop. It's not a squad that depends on any obvious stars, which is good because it adds resiliency to injuries/suspensions. But if the collective drops their level of performance by 10%, then we will look almost as bad a nick as Hamilton were today. It's not possible to hide behind some ringer bailing us out. 

We won't drub teams on a weekly basis between now and January, but if we can rack up enough wins to keep us in the mix then we can see what the transfer window offers at that point. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Goal cam highlights.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Muirhead and Kabia will rightly get the plaudits, great to see both hitting a bit of form after doing nothing for the first 5/6 games but for me Crawford was the best player on the park. He was absolutely everywhere, breaking up play, starting counter attacks, supporting Robbie etc.  It was an absolute brilliant performance for him.

Hopefully he can maintain that level of performance, he's been a really impressive signing.

3 hours ago, Tubes said:

Brilliant result and performance. That 3rd goal though 😍

Noticed Kabia dished it out to the Accies fans in the stand at the 4th goal and was subbed within about 2 minutes. Looked raging and Dougie was pointing over in their direction when speaking in Kabia’s ear. Strange one. 

20221008_223441.jpg

Crawford's energy has been tremendous, similar to Andy Murdoch only pushing twenty yards higher up the park.

The inclusion of McGrattan has also paid off. Once we went a few goals up in the first half, we could set up in a real 4-4-1-1 for a while to stick a fork in the game until half time. Having Muirhead right wing and Kabia left with Quitongo up front is not the same thing. Because none of them can defend. We looked more balanced throughout today's game than at any point since Muirhead was added to the starting team alongside Ugwu and Reilly last season, because of his cameos off the bench.

The lesson should be that we can't afford to be lopsided towards attacking players over 90 minutes - the pay-off just isn't high enough. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Anyone know how the gentleman who needed medical assistance early on in the shed yesterday is doing? He walked past me with some assistance but looked an awful colour. Hope he's ok.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Anyone know how the gentleman who needed medical assistance early on in the shed yesterday is doing? He walked past me with some assistance but looked an awful colour. Hope he's ok.

Pretty sure I saw him walking back into the Cowshed later on in the game.

1 hour ago, Boogs49 said:

Pretty sure I saw him walking back into the Cowshed later on in the game.

Hopefully ok then.

Thanks

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Surprised these haven't been posted yet:

The third goal is absolute filth, banned in twelve states. Kabia showed good composure for his second, too.

Muirhead's second touch side-footed finish, also great. Him and Jaze getting it right up the mutants is lovely to see.

Obviously can't derive massive conclusions from brief highlights but my god, we're going to win the league.

Bit worried about how Grimshaw got done for the Accies chance right before the break but fuck it, who cares, 5-0.

But overall, what a confident performance. What an absolute battering. What a poor, wee shame for the Accies.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Screenshot_20221010-192416.jpg

This is going to be a reaction pic for anything good we do this season. 

Can we still keep this one for "less good" moments?

image.png.df5ae9924bf30ec3db376b6746a2817b.png

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Grant Gillespie makes Team of the Week

MID – Grant Gillespie (Greenock Morton)
We could have picked just about anyone in a Morton shirt after Saturday’s display. They ran Hamilton Accies ragged at Cappielow, scoring five goals without reply in a game which they dominated from the first whistle to the last. Darragh O’Connor and Robbie Muirhead just missed out on TOTW places, but we’ve gone for Gillespie who scored one, assisted another and bossed the midfield throughout.

Archived