Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October)

Admin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-0 and could have been more (Muirhead will be gutted he didn't get a hattrick) 

Not a single failure in the team and many cases for MOTM but for me Crawford was the best player on the pitch. 

Not often you get the luxury of Morton winning and being pretty bored for the last 15 minutes as the game has died. Would take it every week! 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What a result and what a difference a week makes, you have to credit the resilience to come back from last Saturday like this.

Two in two for Kabia and four in three for Muirhead - the difference in the team as an attacking force with Muirhead through the middle rather than out wide is silly. That first choice XI is probably set for a while now. Good to see all the players who had a slow start or hadn't had a pre-season really coming up to speed now. Crawford was again terrific while Grimshaw has found his legs now, and O'Connor has looked a lot more settled in the last couple of games.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Superb from us start to finish. As has been said last Saturday was undoubtedly abysmal and unacceptable. The last two games and results are exactly how you respond seven scored one conceded and two very good performances especially today we were very very good albeit against a poor Hamilton side. Onwards n upwards Mon eh ton. 

Following on from saying it's good to see Jaze getting a couple of goals, it's equally good to see Muirhead getting another couple too. He's the best forward we have and by far the most likely source of goals.

Excellent performance overall though, not least because it's two wins in a row following a really bad run. I was surprised by just how bad Hamilton were though, they were almost irrelevant to the game and didn't really do anything at all in it although that shouldn't detract from our work. It was, you could say, a performance which explains how the 10-2 debacle unfolded to an extent, in that if we had had a desperate need to score more goals there then we absolutely would have. If that's how you're playing in October and not on the last day of a horrendous season, you'd need to be seriously worried about from their perspective...and seriously amused from ours. Get it right up them.

ETA: Gillespie’s goal was absolutely sensational from start to finish. Brilliant bit of football all round, probably the best Morton goal at Cappielow in quite some time.  

AWMSC

Brilliant result and performance. That 3rd goal though 😍

Noticed Kabia dished it out to the Accies fans in the stand at the 4th goal and was subbed within about 2 minutes. Looked raging and Dougie was pointing over in their direction when speaking in Kabia’s ear. Strange one. 

11 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Noticed Kabia dished it out to the Accies fans in the stand at the 4th goal and was subbed within about 2 minutes. Looked raging and Dougie was pointing over in their direction when speaking in Kabia’s ear. Strange one. 

He was on a booking and so was walking a very fine line to getting a second one. Good management to take the sting out of that - and Jai managed to set up a goal without getting into the bad books himself. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

11 minutes ago, Tubes said:

I took it as a precaution, cause he'd what looked like a groin  injury in the first half

Archived