Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (8th October)

Admin

IMG_9337.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The new Morton Club Edition is available to order now, visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Join the community.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union – Inverclyde’s Credit Union since 1984. Anyone who lives or works in Inverclyde can join and save, borrow and plan for tomorrow. We provide quality, accessible, low cost financial services including affordable loans that beat banks rates and are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact us via our website  or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a must-win game after Tuesday's welcome performance and result, as we can't afford another poor home (league) result in a row. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pleased for Kabia getting himself another goal. The Falkirk game is the only one I’ve actually saw him in the flesh at, but in that I thought there was a lot of wee flashes of ability/potential as well as a bit of a fragility, for want of a better word, about him so whilst he’s been struggling for the most part since it’s good to see him get a couple of goals. Hopefully it can help him grow into himself and the team and start contributing a lot more from now on.

AWMSC

Dougie Imrie, eh. After last Saturday’s debacle, there were some genuine concerns (not huge ones, but firm, solid concerns nonetheless) about how things were unfolding for the first time since he arrived and he’s resolved them emphatically. When did Morton last have a manager with whom you could be confident in their ability to do that? Certainly if it was any of the last handful of chancers, we a) wouldn’t have got this far in without the writing being on the wall already and b) the downward trajectory we were briefly on would have been terminal. 

This is still likely to be a pretty long, arduous season and it’s unavoidably true that Imrie has got some things wrong regarding signings, but nonetheless it’s a real novelty and relief  to have a manager you know is by far the best man for the job in hand.

AWMSC

Archived