Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (4th October)

Admin

If both results stay the same we and Cove both move onto 11 points, 4 clear of the dropzone (although Hamilton and Arbroath both have a game in hand, as do Raith on 9.)

I must admit I feared the worst tonight, away from home to an on-form, big-spending team after the drubbing on Saturday, but well done to Imrie and the players for pulling it out of the bag. (Assuming we continue to play well and win.)

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

If both results stay the same we and Cove both move onto 11 points, 4 clear of the dropzone (although Hamilton and Arbroath both have a game in hand, as do Raith on 9.)

I must admit I feared the worst tonight, away from home to an on-form, big-spending team after the drubbing on Saturday, but well done to Imrie and the players for pulling it out of the bag. (Assuming we continue to play well and win.)

If we fuck this up you better be mailing your severed head to Sinclair street. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Thank fuck for that.

That is a massive, massive win. I'd have happily taken a draw before kick off tonight just to stop the rot of the losing run, but that's a terrific result.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Much better. O'connor chucking his head at the shot in the last second of the match was brilliant. Saved it going in the top corner. Thought him and Baird were superb tonight. Grimshaw as well very much improved. Big game on Saturday to put a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom. 

I said it before the season started - but with so many (mostly skint) teams so evenly matched, and with strikers seemingly in such short supply across the whole division, every result is going to be ground out, hard-fought and slogged. Well done lads. I also took a a little comfort from Kabia's goal. Whilst he's been a passenger in every game so far, the subsequent explosion of confidence he displayed afterwards was great to watch. Maybe it's just what the boy needed - only time will tell. Elsewhere - much more positive and a significantly increased workrate from many players. It would have been interesting to speculate what tonight's result would have been if Jai hadn't been batshit enough to get himself suspended. A little light at the end of the tunnel for me.

I've no time for either Muirhead or Kabia but would be churlish not to give them credit for finding the net. Three points were a must to break the spiral of draws and defeats and give us a bit of breathing space. so well done to Dougie and the team. Hopefully this will be the spur we needed to get some positive thoughts and a bit of confidence growing. 

Great result last night.

The amount of goals we have lost this year but I think partly last season to not closing down a shot at the edge of the box is very frustrating!

Marked improvement, 3 points on Saturday please!

Archived