Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (1st October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (1st October)

Admin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to see how a team stays in this league playing like that, tbh. Suspect goalkeeping at both goals and not for the first team, a continuing inability to defend set-pieces even allowing for a makeshift defence, a lifeless midfield that the manager is actively hampering on a weekly basis with his boy blunder, and zero centre-forwards….and only 3 outfield subs. 

There’s huge questions to be asked of the club, and also of the manager too at this stage even if the bigger issues are institutional.

AWMSC

10 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

How bad are these available strikers that Dougie goes on about? I would say that we actually have zero strikers in the squad. We have wide forwards playing through the middle. Just the idea that we have a striker and one that can get shots on target would be enough to make me feel a little bit more optimistic. 

Aye, while I don't think we should be signings players for the sake of it, is there really no players in the world that would improve our squad and are within our budget (or at the very least give a different option)?

There's been months to find a forward so there's either a failing on the manager/scouting network or we're extremely unlucky.

We conceded 3 goals in the first 5 league games and have now conceded 6 in the last 2 and a half. We're stuck with being toothless up front but the defending needs fixed urgently, if you add losing poor goals from crosses on a weekly basis to our inability to score we'll be on a lengthy losing run.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Let off with the penalty miss but this is a total joke. Partick will score as many as they want here. 

No confidence, no ideas, no goal threat and apparently no defence either. 

If this continues our season is going to get very ugly. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Kabia shouldn't play another minute for the club. A total impostor.

Same goes for Blues. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Feels like a real watershed performance for the season. Need Baird and Lithgow back and set us up as hard to beat as there is absolutely zero creativity in midfield or attack. 

Thought we actually started okay as well although Partick made it really easy for us with their high line but as soon as they equalised we absolutely fell apart. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived