Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (22nd September) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (22nd September)

Admin

Quitongo needs to be smarter and stop getting involved in these type of situation where he's being sent off. Getting a reputation now and officials will be watching for him

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder who's getting sent off in the penalty shoot out. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Is that a ball boy with a bit of paper telling Schwake which way to dive between each pen? 

I fucking hope so🤣

Well we were definitely alot less passive in the second half😂

Stream couldn't see the first 1 and as has been said it seemed the stand were looking for it the other way. The second you see yellow almost every week for that. Ref overall had a mare I thought.

GIRFUY Ref and Ayr!!!

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Quitongo needs to be smarter and stop getting involved in these type of situation where he's being sent off. Getting a reputation now and officials will be watching for him

From when I was standing it looked like he got brought down and didn't do much. Not sure how he avoids that. 

8 hours ago, irnbru said:

From when I was standing it looked like he got brought down and didn't do much. Not sure how he avoids that. 

3 red cards and it's not even October? Understand referees being useless cunts has had a part to play but Quitongo has to have a look at himself and his role. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

3 red cards and it's not even October? Understand referees being useless cunts has had a part to play but Quitongo has to have a look at himself and his role. 

Didn't do anything to deserve a red card on Saturday and last night if didn't look like it either. The only way to avoid that is not playing. 

Don't really get the people saying he's a liability etc. He's never had a red card in his career before this season and two of the three he's had this season have been undeserved. 

Not sure if it's just a Quitongo thing with some fans, as if some other players had been wrongfully sent off two games in a row you'd think they'd be raging at the officials rather than the player. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

45 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Didn't do anything to deserve a red card on Saturday and last night if didn't look like it either. The only way to avoid that is not playing. 

He's been totally innocent for 2 red cards in the space of 6 days?

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Don't really get the people saying he's a liability etc. He's never had a red card in his career before this season and two of the three he's had this season have been undeserved. 

Not sure if it's just a Quitongo thing with some fans, as if some other players had been wrongfully sent off two games in a row you'd think they'd be raging at the officials rather than the player. 

He's also picked up 4 yellow cards already this season - which were mostly and quite clearly for picking fights with opposition players or arguing with the referee. Indeed he was needlessly booked earlier in Saturday's game which put him on a tightrope for any later decision in the game. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Not raging at all. I think he's an asset to the team and its annoying that he is going to miss games through suspension 

13 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I get that you enjoy playing Devil’s Advocate quite often on here, but you’re flogging a dead horse on this one.

When writing a match preview the other week I had a peek at the bookies odds on him to be booked and noticed 4/6. That’s a astonishingly short odds and that price has remained the same for every game since. I expect they’ll get shorter now.

Complain all you want about individual decisions but there has to be a point that Quitongo himself takes a look at that quite appalling disciplinary record this season.

For a club that are running such a tight squad this season, we really need all fists to the pump, but are going to have an awful lot of games with him sitting in the stand.

Of course Napier had a poor game last night, and I’ll certainly have to wait until I see the highlights before making a judgement on both of our reds (the pillar partially obscured my view of Baird’s) but there has to be a point that we stop pointing the finger at these big bad referees and start addressing a pattern, here.

He was approaching a suspension anyway for an accumulation of booking at this early stage of the season before his two reds, that’s not good enough.

Archived