Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (22nd September) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (22nd September)

Admin

Seems like two harsh reds for him in a row. I thought it was our foul. Only thing I can think of is he maybe kicked out at him and you couldn't see it on camera due to it being close to nearside sideline. 

If not then it's a scandalous decision. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different from missing games through injury I suppose.

How long’s his contract for?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

Does he miss more league games now because it was a straight red? 

I’d say so because his points will be through the roof now.

He’ll still miss the next Challenge Cup game (possibly for his next club if we go out tonight).

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Was that a second yellow for Baird? Don't remember him being booked and didn't see second yellow. 

Was a straight red. Challenge looked a bit late but unless he put his foot down on the guy, I can't understand it. 

Very poor refereeing. 

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I’d say so because his points will be through the roof now.

He’ll still miss the next Challenge Cup game (possibly for his next club if we go out tonight).

Isn't it - straight red, suspended immediately, ban covers all competitions. 2 yellows - banned within same competition?

Those red cards are the sort of decisions youd say was match fixing by the referee if they happened in Easter Europe or somewhere. Baird one even worse than the Jai one. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Isn't it - straight red, suspended immediately, ban covers all competitions. 2 yellows - banned within same competition?

Yes, but he’s now comfortably top of the league for card points. Wouldn’t be surprised if this tips him into further suspensions to the ones dictated by the sendings-off.

Archived