Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (3rd September) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (3rd September)

Admin

IMG_9337.jpg

Join the community.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union – Inverclyde’s Credit Union since 1984. Anyone who lives or works in Inverclyde can join and save, borrow and plan for tomorrow. We provide quality, accessible, low cost financial services including affordable loans that beat banks rates and are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact us via our website  or by phone on 01475 734655.

Maybe being a bit harsh here but I'm finding the pre match imrie interviews more and more skippable due to the questions being asked and the same formulaic nature of them every week. I'm not expecting hard hitting journalism or anything on our official club channel but It's kind of getting to the stage now where you can just copy and paste the questions and answers regardless of the match we are playing. 

Gareth has done a great job with social media so although it's constructive criticism it's certainly nothing personal against him. 

I personally don't feel we need a recap of the match a week earlier that's the exact same answer as the post match interview. It adds nothing new to the conversation and just seems like a time filler to get content out there at a decent length. Then for example in today's preview Imrie talks about the boys going out on loan but there's no follow up questions about any potential replacements or the stage he's at in trying to bring players in given the squad is extremely thin,even if the answer is we are a week or two away from getting anyone in. 

Maybe I'm wrong but to me these are the sort of questions a lot of fans want asked, but the interviews seem to be on the verge of just going through the motions to knock one out. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

28 minutes ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Good chance it’s going to be pishing it down today - what’s the current umbrella situation - are the options still ‘get soaked’ or ‘don’t go to the game’ ? 

Unfortunately, that leaves some power in the hands of the stewards so they will be kneeling on the necks of toddlers who dare to bring one.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Unfortunately, that leaves some power in the hands of the stewards so they will be kneeling on the necks of toddlers who dare to bring one.

And slaughtering any puppies that dare piss in the wind blowing towards cappielow.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Blues selling the jerseys under no pressure and with an obvious opportunity to end the danger. Just not good enough. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You simply won't win many games carrying total impostors like Kabia and Blues in the team. The signings to upgrade the starting XI can't come soon enough.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Imrie had a poor week. Should never have sent out two players on loan when you can't fill the bench. Cameron Blues still being unsubbable is ridiculous. He's awful and contributes nothing. 

Game management was poor too. Needed some subs 15 minutes into the 2nd half but he just left it until Ayr scored. 

Draw was probably a fair result but the difference is that Ayr have a striker. 

11 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Never really understand fans defending Kabia with "There's a player there."

Well maybe there is but he's doing a good job hiding his 'undoubted' talents.

He's making Paul di Giacomo look better with every passing game. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Feck me, that was frustrating.

Comfortably the better team until their goal but lack of quality in final 3rd once again.

Kabia and Muirhead contribute very little and we need other options there. Kabia spends more time on the deck than he does on the ball. Get Strapp back in the team and move King forward ffs.

We simply must bring in some quality attacking players next week. Ayr didn't impress me, no team really has to date but they have a guy who can score goals and they are flying because of it.

I know the club are doing all the can but letting Lyon and Garrity go before new ones arrive was a mistake, they could have made a difference today, instead we had no attacking options on the bench.

Archived