Sir Douglas signs a contract entension - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sir Douglas signs a contract entension

This is terrific news in and of itself just for securing a good manager, but Imrie buying into a long term vision for the club is also a clear indication that the Dalrada investment is a game changer. Things are looking up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Fantastic news.

Trying to think of the last manager the fans as a collective were right behind after 8 months in the job. Some started well and quickly dipped, 1 started really well and fucked off to another club, some just never got going and some just never appeared to have the full backing of the fans even if they were doing ok.

Looking down the list, Its prob Cowboy who took over, got us up and had us flying in the 2nd  division, (no need to mention what happened next) and that was 20 years ago.

its really difficult to have a fan base completely behind a manager so huge credit to Dougie for what he has achieved in 8 months.

Just announce a striker now.

Wonder if Andy Millen will get a new contract. Dougie seems to really like him and he's a huge part of what happens on the training pitch by all accounts so you'd imagine it's a no brainer. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Tremendous news off the back of the Dalrada sponsorship! Dougie comes across as someone who would walk away if things weren’t right, and he sounded like he was considering it a few weeks ago. Sounds like he’ll be able to build something worthwhile.
I think he’s already established quite a solid base but he knows what we’ll need to mount a challenge, and I’m suddenly confident he’ll get the backing to do so.

Archived