Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th August) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th August)

Admin

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Dougie had hoped to add a foreign  striker this week but due to work permits that now looks like falling through.

Fuck Brexit.

Would be interesting to hear who it was and hopefully its not dead in the water yet. Positive to hear we are being pro active.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Would be interesting to hear who it was and hopefully its not dead in the water yet. Positive to hear we are being pro active.

Aye, give us a name Dougie so we can watch his YouTube reel on repeat and dream of what could have been.

Work permits are a bitch right now and taking ages. How long did Ayr have to wait for that Bangala guy.

Good to see we are active. Hopefully we have a plan b if this one is gone.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, give us a name Dougie so we can watch his YouTube reel on repeat and dream of what could have been.

Work permits are a bitch right now and taking ages. How long did Ayr have to wait for that Bangala guy.

He said that we'd explore other options and I'm sure before speaking specifically about a striker he mentioned bringing players in. Could still do with a striker and perhaps another in. We still don't have that creative midfielder that can play a defence splitting pass. With Crawford coming in I'm probably just being greedy.

My first thought was Poplatnik but not sure if he'd need fail to get a work permit after already playing in Scotland. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Bangala signed for Ayr on 9th June and got the work permit on 18th August. Clyde signed Steven Thicot on 12 May and he only got the work permit today.

We can't be risking waiting about until November for a centre forward to be able to play, sadly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

He said that we'd explore other options and I'm sure before speaking specifically about a striker he mentioned bringing players in. Could still do with a striker and perhaps another in. We still don't have that creative midfielder that can play a defence splitting pass. With Crawford coming in I'm probably just being greedy.

Not greedy....just early.

Crawford made a world of difference to our midfield last Sat.

Do ICT do a stream for us, ahem, overseas supporters?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 minute ago, Alibi said:

Do ICT do a stream for us, ahem, overseas supporters?

Nah they aren't doing them this season unfortunately. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Scrappy first half but we've looked comfortable and maybe unlucky not to score imo.

Great play on the left hand side by kabia and a cross. Quitongo took it down and smashed it towards goal. Keeper touches it onto the bar.

Another Gillespie penalty!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived